HorsePower

LewisL

Hi everyone,

Just about to buy a jdm 350Z its a 54 plate claiming 313bhp? is this correct for that year!? as i think ther UK version of the same age are 280hp!?

Not too sure as not really looked @ the Z much so just want to make sure I'm not being blagged!

Thanks for you help

Lewis :D

Car looks very nice and the price seems to be pretty good. One other point, the sat nav wont work, just so you know. Also ask the dealer if it has been de-limited, always good to let him know you know your stuff.

Check out the guide to differences between the UK and import spec. :D

Yea i have written a list of things i need to ask!

Has it got sat nav in it!? i didnt realise that! but if it dont work no real worry i know where I'm going!:)

Will all the language on the screen be in jap!?or do they do a english conversion!?

Had a quick look @ the differneces that 1 seems to be basically the same spec as a uk gt spec. except i dont know if it has HID!(1 of my questions)

I have had a good look round & price did seem good! really like it in black!

Yea i have written a list of things i need to ask!

Has it got sat nav in it!? i didnt realise that! but if it dont work no real worry i know where I'm going!:)

Will all the language on the screen be in jap!?or do they do a english conversion!?

Had a quick look @ the differneces that 1 seems to be basically the same spec as a uk gt spec. except i dont know if it has HID!(1 of my questions)

I have had a good look round & price did seem good! really like it in black!

Chances are it wont have HID. UK law requires cars with HID headlight to have headlamp washers fitted - which the JDM cars dont. So when they get imported, the import garage usually modifies the HID headlight to use normal halogen bulbs instead - thus allowing it to pass the SVA (import test).

After the test the owner can probably undo the changes... but i've never got round to it on mine!

How hard is it to reverse what they have done!?

Shouldn't think it'd be too hard - the ballast for the hid lights is still present which is the main thing, although iirc they filed down the bulb connector in my car to fit the halogen bulb housing in... but i could be wrong.

I would have returned mine to hid, but the bulbs are £45 each so i didnt fancy risking £90 for it not to work!!

Nixy, you'll know if they are hid - i believe they flicker very slightly as they are turned on, and they have more of a blueish tint to them - not even a hint of yellow.

lol

well she is a 54 plate! GT Pack with 32k on the clock silver

Excellent condition

Tan/orange leather/steering wheel/gear knob

Bloke was spot on who i got it from! went to have a look sunday with the mrs had a drive(1st timei drove 1) & loved it! price was good so went up & gotit yesterday! (my bday today :) )

Mrslikesit which isgood in 1 way &~ not in others cause she has been out in it more than me lol!

Will try & get some pics sorted!

I have had a good look over her as did my mate! but are there any known niggles whith them that i might need to keep an eye oput for!?

Oh i know what i was gunna ask!

how does the phone kit work!?

How do i know if i got a bluetooth 1 or not!?

there is a lil thing(craddle???) mounted in the center counsole with a wire that disapears underneath & then there is a seperate little box, but the little box doesnt fit into the craddle & it doesnt look like any phone will fit into the craddle either?

Not to worry i found it on this site 1234

it works :)

I assume it is ok to leave the adapter in all hte time?

Is there a guide to how to use the phone system as i assume i can set voice dial commands for people i call regularly