When going 19's....

H5

I had 9" front and 10" rear with 245 front and 275 rear. What you must be careful of is rubbing which won't be a problem if you leave the suspension but could be if you drop. I'd would be very careful with any offset of less than say +22 if you go for a wide 9.5/10.5 combo. Tyre sizes will make a difference as will the amount of any drop.

Best idea is to select a wheel or two and then ask the question as there is no hard and fast rule which suits all wheels.

Darn, thought that might be the case! :lol:

No way of keeping the wheel choice secret unless you know what you're doing then! :blush:

Easy - pick a wheel and then do your research on the American sites. You'll find that very few wheels don't already have a what size/offset thread over there. Except perhaps Dotz..... ;)

I'm no expert but I know a bit so you could PM me or post in the Team section? :thumbs:

Having same issue as you mate.

Which is why I had to ask advice and show what I was after! And typically I go for something noone else has :headhurt:

im actually tempted to go for 18"'s as then offset isnt as much of an issue when car is lowered.

18"'s as then offset isnt as much of an issue when car is lowered.

Not so sure about that. Rubbing will be down to width/offset combo of wheel and tyre together, not diameter as you should be keeping that the same. :thumbs:

It is a bit of a minefield!

It's good going for something no-one else has, which is what I want to do....

I want 19's though. :blush: Good shout Digsy, might have to do that. It's all change! :yahoo:

And the higher the number, the closer they are to the arch / more they stick out? :)

Cheers Sarnie.

Yep, I think Mathys has +17 I think which is the most aggressive offset I've seen on here although Ian's Time Attacks are pretty aggressive too ( Ian, what offset are yours?)

The higher the number the further inside the arch they'll sit and look rubbish imo.

I know you've seen it before but it may be more relevant to you now:

RIMS008.jpg

RIMS010.jpg

:thumbs:

Hmmm, yeah, but if I was to put 18x9.5" on mine with the current lowered set-up it shouldnt casue running, even when cornering hard.

However, if I put 19"'s on, I will deffo have to raise the suspension.

It is a bit of a minefield!

It's good going for something no-one else has, which is what I want to do....

I want 19's though. :blush: Good shout Digsy, might have to do that. It's all change! :yahoo:

It also depends who you get them off. Someone like Phil or Adam should be able to steer you right.

I thought if you got the tyre profile right, the overall wheel size would be the same (all other things being equal)? :headhurt:

Cheers Sarnie, that explains it. I think that is about right on the front of yours, looks almost too much on the rear? But I want them to fill the arches.

I thought if you got the tyre profile right, the overall wheel size would be the same (all other things being equal)? :headhurt:

Good point! Kinda forgot about that.

bugger it, I guve up for now! I'll worry when I get back from France!

Look forward to seeing what you're going for!

It could be a long and protracted process. It's got to go with everything else as well.....

Only problem with going through Phil / Kev..... the wheels will have been done before. Am hoping for something different, but they might be able to get hold of them! Now then......

It could be a long and protracted process. It's got to go with everything else as well.....

Only problem with going through Phil / Kev..... the wheels will have been done before. Am hoping for something different, but they might be able to get hold of them! Now then......

Do you want to be the first in the UK, or the first in the world? I think I was the first in the UK with mine and they came from Envy so a bit of research could get you there. To be first in the world may require more effort... ;)

Do you want to be the first in the UK, or the first in the world? I think I was the first in the UK with mine and they came from Envy so a bit of research could get you there. To be first in the world may require more effort... ;)

First in UK, I think the first in the world has already gone.....

First in UK, I think the first in the world has already gone.....

PM the first in the world then. :)