Buying Advice

hiya, no that was'nt :D, i am looking to buy a 350Z soon when i have sold my old car, i just need some information or tips on what to look for when buying, because i am not sure to go for the import versions or uk models. Cheers

hiya, no that was'nt :D, i am looking to buy a 350Z soon when i have sold my old car, i just need some information or tips on what to look for when buying, because i am not sure to go for the import versions or uk models. Cheers

Depends what you have in store for it bud. If you want to go down engine modifying rout then definately get a Jap as ecu is easier to chip. If want to keep standard and enjoy it for what it is and have the money get the UK, insurance will be cheaper and residuals would be better and resale easier than jap to sell.

All depends on finance, and what you have planned for it. Both Jap or UK are equally good options depending what you are planning ;)

Depends what you have in store for it bud. If you want to go down engine modifying rout then definately get a Jap as ecu is easier to chip. If want to keep standard and enjoy it for what it is and have the money get the UK, insurance will be cheaper and residuals would be better and resale easier than jap to sell.

All depends on finance, and what you have planned for it. Both Jap or UK are equally good options depending what you are planning ;)

+ 1, Zedrush talks sense for once :p What you planning for the car mate and we should be able to help you more? What you hoping to spend?

Hi, i have exactly the same question :)

i have around 13k and have been thinking - mr responsible, get a Saab aero or fufill my desires and opt for a 350z. ive been told to keep away from imports as i dont want to mod it really, i'm looking for some fun and i love the 350 over and above any coupe out there, for looks and what the web says - awsome performance.

i test drove one 04' GT pack but it was very short and i felt intimidated by the awful independent sales guy, so i couldnt enjoy the experience. He was reluctant to let me drive it then layed on the "ive got a mortgage and we've just let you test drive", high pressure pitch. This hasn't put me off tho.

So why should i get one? I love the looks is that enough?

Why do you have one, and do you still love it?

The biggest obsticle is regret, as its alot of cash for me but i keep checking autotrader most nights, so i know i need that little push.

Any help/advice from the experts?

Hi, i have exactly the same question :)

i have around 13k and have been thinking - mr responsible, get a Saab aero or fufill my desires and opt for a 350z. ive been told to keep away from imports as i dont want to mod it really, i'm looking for some fun and i love the 350 over and above any coupe out there, for looks and what the web says - awsome performance.

i test drove one 04' GT pack but it was very short and i felt intimidated by the awful independent sales guy, so i couldnt enjoy the experience. He was reluctant to let me drive it then layed on the "ive got a mortgage and we've just let you test drive", high pressure pitch. This hasn't put me off tho.

So why should i get one? I love the looks is that enough?

Why do you have one, and do you still love it?

The biggest obsticle is regret, as its alot of cash for me but i keep checking autotrader most nights, so i know i need that little push.

Any help/advice from the experts?

nothing wrong with imports mate as many on here will tell you and at 13k looks like that will be the only route to go down. When I was looking for a z things I looked out for was if the rear axle was clicking, which was a common problem then after that just the usual checks you would do on any car. If you are gonna regret spending and 13k is seeming a bit steep then my advice would be not to buy one and wait till you would feel comfortable spending that. Ive had 2 350z now, and its a car I will keep going back to and probably wont stop till I have experienced all the colours :teeth: A white one is next on my list perhaps the 370z when it arrives, B)

Welcome David and Paul. :)

Hang round here, even for a tiny while, you'll be driving a 350 before you know it. :D;)

Hi there and welcome. Nothing wrong with owning an import as long as you choose the right car - same goes for a UK one. I haven't found insurance to be more expensive either as more and more people are doing it now. It's exactly the same car performance wise but there are a few different specs. If you have one imported yourself you will have far more choice in terms of spec, colour and mileage but only use a tried and tested importer. Best of luck!

Ah a joint intro post - how sweet! ;)

Anyway, welcome guys! :thumbs:

David, as said above, unless you can find a very high mileage UK car its imports for you on that budget. However, have a good mooch around the site - I honestly can't remember anyone saying they regretted getting an import and wouldn't recommend it. Usual stuff applies - higher insurance for imports but apparently lower road tax. The JDM forum is you friend. :)

Paul, if you've fallen in love with the Zed for its looks you're more than halfway there and the rest is unlikely to disappoint. The tactile quality of the interior isn't up to Porsche/BMW/Audi standards but it doesn't fall apart and they're pretty sturdy mechanically. The drive is fantastic - lots of grunt and some grin-inducing rear while drive handling. The only people who've shown some mild disappointment are Scooby/Evo owners who seem to miss the rush of the turbo but they soon seem to get used to the more linear power delivery. Again have a mooch round and get a feel for things. There are few questions that haven't been asked before.

A double welcome, welcome, welcome !

If you go down Mr sensible route you will not be looking back at your car when you park it and grinning and you'll always have a little regret. Aero full spec packs a punch but be honest with yourself if you saw the two parked next to each other which would you rather flashed its indicators when you press unlock on your key ?

Don't let a bad sales guy spoil the enjoyment of the car. I think that folks on here hang around tells you they still like (love is a bit close to that TV show to use now) and enjoy their cars. Few problems with them and mostly already mentioned. Not wanting to mod should not put you off import if that is where your budget is, search around on here and there are a couple of importers that crop up more regularly, it does seem you need to watch the spec more on import as a much bigger variety than UK cars.

The sensible thing is to stay within your budget, if it can't be afforded now I'd say wait and maybe have a cheap stop gap and not burn your cash in the meantime on a nearly Zed, but hey that's my opinion.

Would I by another, absolutely Yes and tempted to do so !

:welcome:

thanks guys, i have my eye on a few now and need to stretch for a gun metal 04/05' 40k ish GT pack or black (without satnav:()

i have enough with 15k to spend and only wish i had more of the summer left. I'll check out the imports too.

Thanks to everyone for the replies - there are some great posts on this forum as i've had a good mooch around. Tyre advice to the overall cost of a 350z ownership - priceless :)

I'll keep you posted regularly. Thanks again.

If you go down Mr sensible route you will not be looking back at your car when you park it and grinning and you'll always have a little regret. Aero full spec packs a punch but be honest with yourself if you saw the two parked next to each other which would you rather flashed its indicators when you press unlock on your key ?

Quality, you've seen into my soul hehe

• 1 month later...

:yahoo:

Well done, now all the reading on here will begin to make some sense ;)

Not too much to worry about with Zeds that you probably haven't already read.

Worth just familiarising yourself with the service frequency, check opinions on the oil and replacement tyres when you get to them. As for fuel a bit of a split on that, will work fine with std maybe down on a little power at very pushed, I couldn't find any difference on fuel consumption over a couple of thousand miles test on each but others have found some difference.

Mostly the advice is enjoy it ! :thumbs: