Foo Fighters

sl114

Im so excited, i just got VIP tickets to Saturday's gig at Wembley! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :yahoo::yahoo:

Anyone else going? to see them or have seen them? Ive never seen them perform to date. :yahoo:

They're awesome at smaller shows and festivals, but their stadium gigs are shockingly bad: Just ask the crowd at Hyde Park a few years ago, they got booed off stage and I've never seen that in the 14 times I've seen them live. They were also a bit poor at Earl's Court as well, which was really disappointing for me.

That said, if you're a fan and have never seen them before you'll love it, promise.

Grohl played guitar and drums with Macca on Sunday but haven't seen the Foo's live. Sounded OK at Live Earth IIRC. :)
Now that is very cool!

I think he is coming to the office this week sometime, im trying to work out when so i can cross wee with him again! haha

Grohl played guitar and drums with Macca on Sunday but haven't seen the Foo's live. Sounded OK at Live Earth IIRC. :)
Now that is very cool!

I think he is coming to the office this week sometime, im trying to work out when so i can cross wee with him again! haha

Seems like a sound guy. :thumbs:

Anyone else going?. :yahoo:

No thank god :thumbs:

:lol:

You oldies just dont understand good music!!! ;)

Actually we do :thumbs:

Thats because it as been and gone ;)

The very best rock bands existed in the 70's

Saw these 7 times, best guitar player ever and 30 years ago, and the awesome Cozy on drums (RIP)

Saw these 7 times, best guitar player ever and 30 years ago, and the awesome Cozy on drums (RIP)

CHECK THE PLAY OUT AT 2.32 B)

The comments say it all. :thumbs:

And Ritchie with Deep Purple in 74 infront of 300,000 people, his guitar play is something that you just don't see today. :surrender:

I agree with you on that, however there are some amazing guitarists out there still, Dave is one of them, he may not be technical, but still plays with feeling. John mayer at the moment is my favourite guitarists and singer songwriter, his stuff is just amazing! Again im going to see him in a few weeks at Brixton! :yahoo:

My favourite artist of the 70s and one of my favourite songs of all time... B)

And he's still rockin' it now! :thumbs:

That's what i am trying to say Digsy, seem's to me all the best stuff was out then, even though i have a very wide musical interest, today's music just does not do it for me anymore. I find myself constantly putting something on i first heard in the 70's. :thumbs:

That's what i am trying to say Digsy, seem's to me all the best stuff was out then, even though i have a very wide musical interest, today's music just does not do it for me anymore. I find myself constantly putting something on i first heard in the 70's. :thumbs:

I wouldn't go so far as to say that but I am finding that there are less new albums that get under my skin each year and there can be no doubt that its very hard for new bands to do something truly original.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that but I am finding that there are less new albums that get under my skin each year and there can be no doubt that its very hard for new bands to do something truly original.

its your age :lol::thumbs:

but i agree :surrender:

my lad went to see the foo's and manics, he said they were superb :thumbs: i had to work :angry: love em both :thumbs:

he said mc' cartney was a bit boring :yawn:

he works as a steward, so gets paid for going, while he's off uni :blush:

I'm with Beavis on this.
:yahoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kWexhbYaOY (who can guess who playing lead guitar?)

Jeff Beck?, who would eventually work with Cozy Powell the drummer in the link i posted earlier. ;)

Spot on dude. You certainly know your music.

the youtube description says ......

"I'm A Man" was recorded when Eric Clapton was the lead guitarist for the Yardbirds. However the Beckster does a great job here. ...

I'm with Beavis on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kWexhbYaOY (who can guess who playing lead guitar?)

Jeff Beck?, who would eventually work with Cozy Powell the drummer in the link i posted earlier. ;)

"I'm A Man" was recorded when Eric Clapton was the lead guitarist for the Yardbirds. However the Beckster does a great job here. ...

That was the trick question - but you're absolutely right.

I'm with Beavis on this.

Careful Paul, i know my music ;):lol:

Or else i will have you penalized at the next drive out. ;):lol:

Did not realise that Cozy was once the fastest ever drummer B)

Check this out for a musical C.V B)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cozy_Powell

I'm with Beavis on this.

Careful Paul, i know my music ;):lol:

Or else i will have you penalized at the next drive out. ;):lol:

Did not realise that Cozy was once the fastest ever drummer B)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cozy_Powell

stargazer is class :thumbs: , i remember cozy being the fastest, also in the ranking was neil peart of rush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuOTkrEVeb4

stargazer is class :thumbs:

Now you are talking :thumbs: Anyone who wants an absolute master class in rock music needs to listen to the 1976 album Rainbow Rising featuring Stargazer and Light in the Black. They tried to play both tracks live but it was too much for Cozy.

Both stunning tracks B)