::Japan North 2008 @ Haigh Hall in Wigan::

jamier

Just washed mine but as im out in it all day tomorrow i'll have to do it again sunday morning :dry:

However it aint really in condition to put anywhere near a stand let alone on it. I think you guys are going to show me up :blush:

Lets hope the weather stays good, cant believe how far some of you are travelling :thumbs:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

::: RULES & GUIDELINES :::

Times:

Entry to the venue for owners clubs and companies will begin at 07:30AM and end promptly at 09:30AM. Cars after this time will not be able to access the stands for their clubs.

This is according to Haigh Hall Country Park's Health & Safety Regulations, as the venue is open to the public and so we must gather and arrange all cars by 09:30AM in preparation for opening.

The event will officially be open from 10:00AM to the public and this is when all cars will be in situe by.

The event will be closing at 16:00 and all cars MUST be cleared by 18:00.

Rubbish:

Basically, I have been told that if any rubbish is left at the end of the day, it will be picked by the park rangers and there WILL BE A CHARGE FOR THIS.

PLEASE collect ALL your rubbish, it's not a large favour to ask and this all contributes to being able to use the venue next time around.

If rubbish is left, the charge incurred will have to be passed onto your club.

Marshals:

Marshals will be located at the entrance to Haigh Country Park, along the driveway to Haigh Hall and at the event site to control and assist with parking of exhibition vehicles. Please conform to their directions.

Drivers are cautioned not to exceed 10MPH whilst you are within the grounds of Haigh Hall.

On arrival at the event site, your vehcile will be checked off from a list, according to your FORUM NAME, CLUB NAME AND REGISTRATION PLATE NUMBER.

The Day:

Should there be a need for a vehicle to be moved during the event, you MUST seek the assistance of one of the event marshals. Should you refuse to wait for assistance prior to moving the vehicle, a signature will be required on the Health and Safety Waiver Form and the matter reported to Event Control, along with your vehicle details.

Everyone should be aware of Health & Safety issues and bring any concerns to the attention of the event organisers, which may be found at the main Japan North Stand and also wearing high visibility vests.

At the end of the day, the event marshals will supervise the orderly exit of exhibitors from Haigh Hall Country Park.

Please note: All members that have voiced interest in attending the day have been compiled into a list. This list will be passed onto event marshals, who will ensure that only cars belonging to members of the list may enter the venue for display on their club stand.

Above all, have a safe and enjoyable day and I look forward to meeting you all at the second Japan North Car Show!

Kind regards,

Jamie Rigby

Japan North Founder & Organiser

::: Maps & Recommendations :::

Good evening all,

Below you will find the map outlining the entry points for the venue.

Key:

Red Dot - Indicates entry point for vehicles unaffected by ramps

Blue Dot - Indicates entry point for low vehicles

Green Dot - Indicates entry point for very low vehicles

Orange Dot - Indicates entry point to the showground

Purple Line - Indicates roads leading to Haigh Hall Venue

MapOverviewEntryLocations.jpg

For those not attending with an owners club, or who are not on a club stand, there is plenty parking available and you will be directed towards this on arrival.

If attending as part of a club and with a stand, then you will be asked for the appropriate details, which will correspond to a predefined list.

Kind regards,

Jamie Rigby

Japan North Founder & Organiser

see you lot at the petrol station Jct 27 M6 at 9 sharp :)

Just come past there, m6 was a car park :dry:

See you Sunday morning. :thumbs:

5000th post :yahoo:

met you at keele at 8am buddy :) gratz on the 5000th post! :scare:

I will try to be there a little before 8. Looking at the times printed above we will have to be def there by 9 am at the very latest (junction 27) which won't be a problem. :thumbs:

Are we still ok with the 9 am meet time guy's considering that we have to have the car's fully in place by 9.30am? :blush:

::: Cleaning - Get Your Car Looking Spot On! :::

WaterTap.pngSponge.png

Get Sponging:

Plenty of owners and stand exhibitions spend the time cleaning their vehicles on the days before the show, but if you would like to give your car that last shine, then there is a water tap on site for you to use - just remember to bring those sponges!

There will be lots of photographs taken on the day, many of which will be submitted to the various car magazines for the aftershow article, including Banzai, Japanese Performance and Max Power.

Get those wheels shiny and get that bodywork polished! :)

Competitions:

There are awards available on the day for both Best I.C.E. and Show & Shine.

You can collect the entry forms from the Japan North Stand on the day and there is no fee to enter.

Food Court:

At Japan North 2008, we have a food court available, so there will be something to munch down on when you're a tad peckish!

Vehicle Forms:

Just a quick reminder to get those forms downloaded and displayed in your window, which are available towards the end of this thread.

All the best,

Jamie Rigby

I won't have filled in a sheet about the car yet, I'll have to fill in one of Mike's printed ones. I will be staying nearby and may well get to the show ground before 9. Are there any passes etc. we should have received??

I won't have filled in a sheet about the car yet, I'll have to fill in one of Mike's printed ones. I will be staying nearby and may well get to the show ground before 9. Are there any passes etc. we should have received??

Only got the windscreen sheets, not the other ones Rob

Rob i can print you some blank forms if you want them.

Disaster,bird crap all over my bonnet this morn.

Washed car tonight ready for tomorrow only to find its etched through the clear coat in several places. :scare:

I have tried everything to shift it with no luck.

Was going to enter the show n shine comp dont think i will bother now.