HEADACHE-PLEASE HELP ADVICE NEEDED

HI LADIES AND GENTS IM CURRENTLY GIVEN MYSELF AND THE MISSUS A HEADACHE...IVE BEEN TOYING AROUND WITH GETTING A ZED FOR THE PAST 6-8 MONTHS BUT HAVE BEEN TO SCARED TO TAKE THE LEAP.

WAS HOPING SOME OF YOU GOOD GOOD PEOPLE ON HER COULD GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ON ZED OWNWERSHIP.....PRETTY PLEASE

THINGS SUCH AS ....ANNUAL RUNNING COSTS.....SERVICE COSTS.....MPG.....ROAD TAX....ETC.....BASICALLY, IS IT AN EXPENSIVE CAR TO KEEP ON THE ROAD....IM CURRENTLY DRIVING A CIVIC TYPE R HOW MUCH MORE IS IT GOING TO COST ME TO RUN ONE OF THESE BAD BOYS

ADVICE IS MUCH NEEDED AND

STU :wacko:

:welcome:

Hi Stu - had mine now for 2 months - best thing I ever did - just go for it!!

9000 miles servicing cost - average £200 per service, super soft paint finish at the front - I guess running costs will probably be similar to your Type R - worst! :headhurt:

My road tax is £400 - (07 313bhp roadster) I get about 28-31 mpg on motorways and mid 20's rest of time.

Will eat tyres probably once a year, you will spend a fortune on waxing it to death and then you will get the modding bug from the Zed bods on this forum -but none of this matters - its a proper GT car - sounds great and handles on rails - No regrets from me - I repeat just go for it!! :thumbs:

Stan

Hi Stu and welcome to the forum, will certainly give you all the advise you want but we are a little biased.

Starting with the worst recent hit, the road tax is going up to £440 until we get rid of the clowns in power at the moment. Service cost is pretty good news, depending on which one it will vary but under £200 for the most part. Lots of details with the search button.

MPG on motorways should be 30+, spirited driving will get this down to about 17 if you try hard.

The greates expense I have is due to a constant urge to modify it.

All in all its a great car and well worth the cost. My little bit of sanity :teeth:

GO FOR IT ;)

guys thanks for the great advice...it doesnt sound as expensive as i thought aprt from the bloody 400 road tax what a bummer....got my eye on a azure blue 2004 plate for £13999 on sale with motorpoint.....what you think..sound good or not

stopping shouting, will certainlysso help :p

sorry dude is that better.... lol

yes

Welcome, welcome, welcome !

Can't imagine it's going to be a lot more than what you have but certainly a bit more. As with all cars the biggest cost is effectively the depreciation.

Go take one for a test drive and then you'll have made your decision ;)

Get a Zed ! You know you want to :teeth:

guys thanks for the great advice...it doesnt sound as expensive as i thought aprt from the bloody 400 road tax what a bummer....got my eye on a azure blue 2004 plate for £13999 on sale with motorpoint.....what you think..sound good or not

Price doesnt sound too bad, is it a GT spec, that makes the big difference. The market is pretty good for buyers at the moment, there are a few for sale on here.

Also check out the common faults, clicky back axle etc, there arent many but its better to walk into the garage with all the info.

Price doesnt sound too bad, is it a GT spec, that makes the big difference. The market is pretty good for buyers at the moment, there are a few for sale on here.

Also check out the common faults, clicky back axle etc, there arent many but its better to walk into the garage with all the info.

again cheers dude...i dont know if its a GT or not im gonna have to give them a bell to find out..also see if the take part ex

again cheers dude...i dont know if its a GT or not im gonna have to give them a bell to find out..also see if the take part ex

Stick the details up with a web link when you have them. Also, be aware that many people who sell them dont really know what they are, lots of "special editions" mentioned. :D

Stick the details up with a web link when you have them. Also, be aware that many people who sell them dont really know what they are, lots of "special editions" mentioned. :D

http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/(S(iqtlxa551k3soh450iff4a45))/Search/VehicleDetails.aspx?vehicle=173360

Looks like not GT and standard wheels, eyesights not so good now, need more zider...

Hold on, for a 2004 plate wouldn't the road tax be cheaper? I just got mine taxed (54 plate) and paid £210.

Hold on, for a 2004 plate wouldn't the road tax be cheaper? I just got mine taxed (54 plate) and paid £210.

Think from next year it changes and you will be paying £440 like the rest of us - double trouble eh - oh sorry paying that money is to help the environment apparently - my ar**! :angry:

Think from next year it changes and you will be paying £440 like the rest of us - double trouble eh - oh sorry paying that money is to help the environment apparently - my ar**! :angry:

Original plan was to impose this on post 06 cars but he cant miss grabbing more money so its now back to 02. :rant:

Guest prescience

Original plan was to impose this on post 06 cars but he cant miss grabbing more money so its now back to 02. :rant:

It's an annoyance Martin, but it ain't gonna make you change is it :p

It's an annoyance Martin, but it ain't gonna make you change is it :p

Nope :D

All you need to do is walk down to the Nissan Dealer, sit in a 350z, close the door, feel the leather steering wheel then turn the key and hear the noise on start up, honestly that will convince if nothing else does!!!

willo you need to learn how to quote :teeth:

:welcome: to the forum and enjoy

price is ok but in terms of selling it on after you had you turn with it I would recommend at GT. Its been said before that dealers are finding it difficult to shift non GT version

Hi and :welcome:

I had a CTR before my Zed and find the biggest difference is in rear tyre wear - average about 8000 miles from a pair on the Zed, and fuel consumption average around 24. Servicing is much the same as is insurance. :thumbs:

cheers fella its good to hear from someone who was in my position moving up from a ctr. can you explain to me the service prices, how much is a p1 p2 and p3 service

cheers

willo you need to learn how to quote :teeth:

:welcome: to the forum and enjoy

price is ok but in terms of selling it on after you had you turn with it I would recommend at GT. Its been said before that dealers are finding it difficult to shift non GT version

thanks and cheers foe the advice ill keep that in mind