Crackin day out in Telford Gromit!

stanski

Eeey aayye had a champion day oot ...

Telford shopping centre - hmmmm well moving on :fool:

Unusual event: Nissan dealer keeps his word! - new brake pads, middle and rear exhaust, rear tyre and fuel topped up - :thumbs:

So thanks to Danny at Nissan Telford for sorting it all for me - with no fuss and no arguments! :thumbs: If only all Nissan dealers were like this!

While this was happening I had an Xtrail for the day to see the sight of Telford.....

So downtown Ironbridge it was then off to Shrewsbury for a quick scan - blimey must be same builders a Chester - I will go back there for a proper look one weekend I think - very nice :)

When I got the Zed I drove back up through welsh countryside and went over the horseshoe pass - deffo bedded the pads in now I can tell you :yahoo: What fab roads out there... soon as I reached Manchester Airrport - yup the heavens opened - and had another embarressing dash to the hard shoulder to get the roof up :blush:

Anyway downtown Ironbridge.....

Hows your vertigo?

SN7M4OXp0J.jpg

Had to look twice thought this was directions to Nissan Motors UK for a minute :lol:

LfAJWEO6Y5.jpg

So this is what the famous 90's rapper is doing now - ice ice baby

75EXzz3UYJ.jpg

Surprised to see this littel gem in a window - imagine how many pom poms this would ruffle in the local Middle-England retired tourist trade?

G6sSolRIGS.jpg

You can drive but I still caught you - Temper Orange Zed - why do people say these are rare I have seen 3 now this month? :doh:

7CwDPYWD61.jpg

If Japanese engineers had built these railings they would have been lined up perfectly striaght - ha bleeding Victorian cowboys! :wacko:

7Yv8Luy5sq.jpg

Local Plod were a bit soft

hThkU2y48h.jpg

I'm tripping out on that one!!! :headhurt:

Think I am spending far too much time on this forum!!!

Today I walked past a pub in Ironbridge which had free WiFi - I thought - hmm wish I had my laptop with me now so I can log onto the forum! :doh:

Anyway Nurse says I will be better soon just need to keep taking the pills and cold showers! :surrender:

forgot to post this - apparently in Ironbridge they have their electricity deliverd by the post man?

How does that work? Is it what those Battery hens are for - they lay electric eggs that are delivered to your door? :fool:

OxQGqDtZdv.jpg

What was the street called, Electric Avenue

Very good :thumbs::lol::lol:

Think it was Battery lane ....... or was it 3-Pin Close?

Had a job here a little while back (well, just a little after 1921, looking at the photo title I added..... :blush: )

Check out the racy motors - can anyone name them :lol:

"Electric Avenue was built in 1888, the first shopping street to be lit by electricity, with a protective iron and glass canopy for shoppers. The street soon became a focal point of Brixton's thriving shopping centre. Electric Avenue is now part of Brixton's street market."

electricavenue1921A.jpg

wowsers- a spot of culture on the forum! :teeth:

Anyway down to business - easy peasy looks like an Armstrong-siddeley on the right and probably a Packhard/Chrysler on the left and you can see an Austin Metro just behind it :p