bank holiday

stuey

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prescience

Very good work Nixy :blush:

Sideways question - did your surveyor pick up on the boiler venting under the window; I was chatting about this issue in the pub the other night (venting near to a door)

Very good work Nixy :blush:

Sideways question - did your surveyor pick up on the boiler venting under the window; I was chatting about this issue in the pub the other night (venting near to a door)

It's certainly an issue, my neighbour had a similar problem with his vent been next to an open window. He wanted the boiler replacing and i think one fitter declined the job because of it.

I've been revising for my CF5 exam which is on tuesday (Integrated financial planning) and will be all day tomorrow too.

If I pass that, then thats me finally fully qualified as a financial adviser :teeth:

which means more money and therefore more goodies for the Zed

I've been revising for my CF5 exam which is on tuesday (Integrated financial planning) and will be all day tomorrow too.

If I pass that, then thats me finally fully qualified as a financial adviser :teeth:

which means more money and therefore more goodies for the Zed

Wishing you all the best for that from myself and all the traders on here :D

well so far I have single handedly filled this

Will be hitting the village pub at 2.30 which will be full of local leeds fans.

Yeha Nixy!! Sounds like you earned it. :D Great to see other Z girls who get in there and do mans work!!! :lol: Great to see I'm not the only one. :D

Its looking like Zed girls are a fiesty no nonsense breed - keen to muck in and get on with it!! Ahhh heaven ! :thumbs:

Lol, we have to be to cope with you lot. :p:lol::lol:

Liked the first photo of bricks, looks very arty. :p

Lol, we have to be to cope with you lot.

Liked the first photo of bricks, looks very arty.

Hey dont tar us all with the same brush some of us are well behaved Gentlemen such as me! Honest! :teeth:

Yes the bricks I spent hours laying them in an artistic pattern - was hoping some mug erm I mean patron of the Tate Gallery may want to give me £5000 for them as an art exibit! :lol: Unfortunately that did'nt happen so I had to use them as a base for the flags! ;)

Seeing as we are having a show and tell, this is mostly what I've been doing since Friday - very long weekend so far!

Before (horrible carpet as well!)

th_before.jpg

Stripped...

th_stripped.jpg

Getting there!

th_after1.jpg

th_after2.jpg

Never done a bathroom before - copper push fittings are a life saver! Also, the suite wasn't designed for our pipe routing so I had to build a false shelf for the toilet and basin. Not far away tho and chuffed I had a go myself instead of getting a plumber.

I've just back from a night out in Leeds. Watched the footy in the city centre. Leeds losing = angry yorkshire men :scare:

Would have thought they would be used to it by now, did anyone mention the 15 points :lol: Beaten by Doncaster and two leagues below Hull :yahoo:

I blagged a good seat for the Leeds v Doncaster game! As a Palace fan who was 6 inches (penalty hit the post!) away from the playoff final I thought I would show any Leeds fans the medals they missed!!

Never done a bathroom before - copper push fittings are a life saver! Also, the suite wasn't designed for our pipe routing so I had to build a false shelf for the toilet and basin. Not far away tho and chuffed I had a go myself instead of getting a plumber.

Hey you done a good job there matey (Sad comment but I love plumbing - find it relaxing yes I know :fool: ) Not used the copper push fittings yet only the plastic ones - a lot of good new products on the market means you can do loads more yourself - hope you did'nt get them from B&(RIP OFF)Q?? Go to City Plumb or Plumb Centre - pay cash and you get trade price - then you know how much we are all getting riped off by B&Q and the rest (although - Wickes have always been good)

So with your neat bathroom project a success hopfully you will be confident to do more and save a fortune on tradesmen? :thumbs:

Hey you done a good job there matey (Sad comment but I love plumbing - find it relaxing yes I know :fool: ) Not used the copper push fittings yet only the plastic ones - a lot of good new products on the market means you can do loads more yourself - hope you did'nt get them from B&(RIP OFF)Q?? Go to City Plumb or Plumb Centre - pay cash and you get trade price - then you know how much we are all getting riped off by B&Q and the rest (although - Wickes have always been good)

So with your neat bathroom project a success hopfully you will be confident to do more and save a fortune on tradesmen? :thumbs:

Cheers matey! I buy a lot of big stuff from B&Q but the plumbing stuff from screwfix. I had a look at the plastic stuff - looks quite cool so might try that next. Not a fan of plumbing at all, but I've really enjoyed tiling and do find that quite relaxing!

Now that is nearly finished, got a new kitchen arriving in 2 weeks, that will be a laugh. I'm really mean - I hate the idea of paying someone to do stuff I can do and I enjoy, even if it takes me 3 times as long!

I hate the idea of paying someone to do stuff I can do and I enjoy, even if it takes me 3 times as long!

Blimey we must be long lost broithers !! :lol:

The plastic stuff is ok for long runs where you dont want the risk of a

leak but I still prefer copper pipe and soldered and compression joints - called me old fashioned but I like to know its gonna last and not pee all over my cieling 2 years later! :doh:

Martin -is it your birthday then? You sneaky rascal you never mentioned earlier when you posted that cake pic??? If it is Happy birthday :band::drunk::snack::#3:

I hate the idea of paying someone to do stuff I can do and I enjoy, even if it takes me 3 times as long!

Blimey we must be long lost broithers !! :lol:

The plastic stuff is ok for long runs where you dont want the risk of a

leak but I still prefer copper pipe and soldered and compression joints - called me old fashioned but I like to know its gonna last and not pee all over my cieling 2 years later! :doh:

Martin -is it your birthday then? You sneaky rascal you never mentioned earlier when you posted that cake pic??? If it is Happy birthday :band::drunk::snack::#3:

Not a significant one so no big party. Will be taking my birthday money to Sunderland on Wednesday, see what I can get for a fiver :lol:

Ozz forgot to mention B&Q and Screwfx are one and the same - shows you the rip off even by the same company- I used to work for Kingfisher group so I know these things - you can fool all of the people some of the time...... ;)

Ozz forgot to mention B&Q and Screwfx are one and the same - shows you the rip off even by the same company- I used to work for Kingfisher group so I know these things - you can fool all of the people some of the time...... ;)

Lol yeah, I knew that - I usually take the screwfix catalogue with me to BQ and compare prices. I remember a vent BQ were selling for £4.95 was 1.50 online. I have noticed the screwfix prices have been creeping up a lot though and they are closer in price than they used to be.

@martin - thats an awsome cake! Is it some kind of fudge thing? Jealous now. Happy birthday matey.

Lol yeah, I knew that - I usually take the screwfix catalogue with me to BQ and compare prices. I remember a vent BQ were selling for £4.95 was 1.50 online. I have noticed the screwfix prices have been creeping up a lot though and they are closer in price than they used to be.

I think the guy who set Screwfix up and then sold out to B&Q set up ToolStation not so very long ago, could be wrong but it all seemed to have rather a lot of coincidences, worth keeping an eye on for prices etc..

I prefer the solder route as well.