What To Do ! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm !

M350ZB

Right i have a 53 plate, 350Z GT, with the rays, with 30,000 miles on, love the car, and allways brings a smile to my face.

Now i gotta make a decesion, do i mod my car, looking to spend quite a bit on it, or do i buy something better or maybe newer ?. Better i say, i have been looking round and for the money, i really can find nothing better, and being 21, i gotta be carefull on the insurance. a car i do like is the lotus elise, but one cant insure it, an two once having one and selling the 350Z, think ill be dissapointed.

Basically what would you say is the going rate for my car, as like my old man keeps saying it will just keep losing vaule, and why do things to it, when it allready looks nice. I have seen some really nice Zeds on here, and am very keen to start the modifaction process on mine, nothign to mad, just the little bits that i think will make the car look a tad better!, Nismo stuff B) .

I really cant make up my mind, and having owned my Zed a year, think i bloody gotta hurry up and make a decision, lol.

Views, everyone, GO ?

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!

Probably about £15.5k I'd say.

Having just sold and Elise, the Zed is much more liveable car. Yes, the Elise was HUGE fun, but I had bigger grins doing things right in the Zed. With car prices the way they are, I would predict you taking a hit on the Zed whereas Elise prices are doing very well. Summertime, economical and low tax....

£15.5K, really ?, not bad at all after a year of owning, would modifying add to the value, or ?

And yeah an elise is a lovely car, and allways wanted one, but the Z, just has everything in and on, thats why i think i will be dissapointed, and when you say take a hit, what do you mean, sorry :headhurt: ?

Zed is a great car, but the elise is too.

Double check the insurance, I do not think they are that much higher than a Zed, I would expect it to be lower. Certainly less than a mod'd zed.

Just try to get a 24hr test of an elise and see if you can live with the space issues.

Right its another extra £785 onto my policy for a lotus elise, bringing it to a total of 2365! ouch !

Im paying £1580 at the mo, for The 350Z and a MG ZR, membering i am only 21, mmmmmmm choices, lol !

Mod or Elise, lol !

allright stew, lol, well i only really drive the Zed at weekends, and here and there, not an everyday car, so an elise would be ok. but is it really worth it another £785 on insurance, and no luxury's

Mmmmmmmm track car? :teeth:

Probably about £15.5k I'd say.

Having just sold and Elise, the Zed is much more liveable car. Yes, the Elise was HUGE fun, but I had bigger grins doing things right in the Zed. With car prices the way they are, I would predict you taking a hit on the Zed whereas Elise prices are doing very well. Summertime, economical and low tax....

Id say more like 14k judging by the market at the moment. 15.5k is what it is worth but I think it would be difficult to shift at that price

I reckon in a private sale you'll achieve approximately £12,500-£13,000 for your car in today's market.

If you can afford it, get yourself a runaround and a Caterham 7 for dicking about in. Plough £12k in to a used Seven and you'll be able to sell it for £12K in 5 years time when you upgrade to a madder version :thumbs:

£12.5K a bit of a difference to £15.5K, lol, mmmmmmmm !

Got me self me runa-round me MG ZR ;) , cant justify buying a new Zed, when looks wise there ant to much in it!.

Defo an idea a seven, or maybe a road quad, lol B)

I'll get pics some day! The best laugh was when my mate feely borrowed it. He went round a 90* turn in a wee village and he wiped out, there was a crowd of folk watching so he did about 6 donuts and took off up the road. It was brilliant!

Tough call if the zeds only your weekend car bud. Whatever you own as a second car, its always going to be wasting money.

At the moment with the shocking petrol prices and the impending tax rape, the value of all performance cars are going through the floor.

I was in a similar situation to you a couple of months ago - deciding whether to sell cos of the financial issues, but i've decided to keep mine. I'd say your choices are:

1. Keep your car, and mod it. If its a UK car its probably worth £14k now.

2. Sell it and get something different - but thats going to depreciate just the same as the zed. More so if its newer! I dont know what your budget is, but i dont think there's anything better than a zed at this value.

3. Sell your zed and buy a cheaper import zed. You'll get a similar spec with slightly more miles for about £10.5k - and that money saved will be in your pocket. Then mod that car. That way the depreciation wont hit you as bad, and the mods added wont affect the value as much.

Ultimately, your family's always gonna tell you to sell your 2nd car cos to them its a waste of money. But if you're a car nut then its not a waste is it?

And lastly - you're so lucky that your insurance is that cheap - have you got it through your parents or something? Im 24 and i pay £2550 to insure my zed!

And lastly - you're so lucky that your insurance is that cheap - have you got it through your parents or something? Im 24 and i pay £2550 to insure my zed!

:scare: Do you have 9 points, 0 ncb and loads of write offs? :p

I dont know why its so high, but it almost stopped me getting the zed. I shopped around for weeks, and called probably 30 companies, and that was the best i could get.

I've got 0 points, and macclesfield isnt bad for car crime as far as i know! But i've had a quote for when i turn 25 in october and it should come down to just £825! I cant wait.

I dont know why its so high, but it almost stopped me getting the zed. I shopped around for weeks, and called probably 30 companies, and that was the best i could get.

I've got 0 points, and macclesfield isnt bad for car crime as far as i know! But i've had a quote for when i turn 25 in october and it should come down to just £825! I cant wait.

Thats an incredible difference for turning 25. Hopefully I can get mine down to less than £500 when I get to 25 :D

Thats madness, im 21 and pay £1580 with 3 years no claims, on admiral multi-car plocy, both cars have protected no claims, both fully comp, and all in my name, no parents or nothing !

MG ZR 51 plate, 1.4

350Z Gt 53 plate, 3.5 v6

Your paying way too much matey, i would have a look around sharpesh :surrender:

And yes my car is a u.k car, dont really want to get an import, i know there cheaper, but when buying my zed, looked round for ages for a good u.k car, cant beat the spec on u.k cars compared to the imports!

Think im gonna have to get some prices on what i want done to my Z, not feeling nothing to mad, just nismo body-kit and wheels, zorst, and a bit of engine bling and work, also some carbon goodies :teeth: