Parcel Shelf

nordberg

Hi,

I'm currently considering a 350Z to replace my Celica Tsport. One of the things that put me off the Z a couple of years ago was the lack of any kind of parcel shelf or cover to conceal the contents of the bit at the back that resembles a boot :dry: So my question is, does such a thing exist - either OEM or aftermarket?

Many Thanks,

Matt

:welcome:

Hi Matt

yes such thing exists, both OEM and aftermarket: See your Nissan dealer for the OEM version (I don't really like it and need to make holes on the rear carpet :wacko: or go to www.350zpartitions.com to import them from the US :)

In fact, you just prompted me to contact the american guy inviting him to come on board and hopefully he can give us a bit of a discount too! Sent email to him :teeth:

Hope this is of help :)

Hi,

I'm currently considering a 350Z to replace my Celica Tsport. One of the things that put me off the Z a couple of years ago was the lack of any kind of parcel shelf or cover to conceal the contents of the bit at the back that resembles a boot :dry: So my question is, does such a thing exist - either OEM or aftermarket?

Many Thanks,

Matt

You can also get the OEM Nissan one from the guys on Ebay, Holdcroft. Cheaper than going to dealer.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Nissan-35 ... dZViewItem

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondered if you had a reply from Jim at 350z partitions? I've been in email contact with him and he's keen to find a way of reducing the shipping costs to the UK. UPS want $90 to shop a single partition. :scare:

They only weigh ~2 KGs but are large volumetrically so you get badly stung by the parcel carriers. I guess there are a couple of options;

1. We take a bulk order on the forum for say 5-10 partitions and get a much cheaper shipping price and probably a discount :D

2. We find him a distributor in the UK

Anybody out there got any ideas?

ps. Jim's contact details are "Jim Vose" http://

I'll try to hook him up.

Parcel carriers & forwarders use a weird calculation called Volumetric Weight meaning that sometimes you pay for weight and sometimes you pay for volume. It's the old "ton of lead/ton of feathers" thing.

(sorry, very dull but I'm kinda in the industry)

I'm defo in for one of these if we sort a group buy.

I contacted him a few weeks back and mentioned the forum. He gave me a price but obviously the shipping was more than the product if I remember rightly (its on my other email).

But count me in! :D

Theres a guy on another :) UK group who makes them and people say they're great.

I got my Nissan one from Holdcroft, fitted it myself, including cutting the necessary slots in the boot mat and the extra boot carpet. Just judge it with a Stanley knife (measure several times, cut once, allow for the angle, etc.... ).

Very happy with it. JohnK

• 1 month later...

Since nothing more had been heard from the guy in the US about exporting the partitions over here, I decided to have a go at making one myself. I have attached some pictures to show the results. I started with an old piece of cardboard to get a rough template, then cut the shape from 15mm MDF. Finally I persuaded my better half to help me cover it with black material before fitting in place. I followed the instructions from the US site to get the positioning right. I think it looks ok, and it definitely reduces road noise.

Jim

Wish I had the time to consider something like that!

Most of the costs would be for time. The materials were very cheap - MDF at £3.99 and black materials at £5.00, although the appearance could be improved by using leather or leatherette materials. They would of course be harder to work with than cloth.

Jim