Clutch feels "funny" - on way out?

stevie_350z

Z goes in for its P3 next Monday... 35K miles.

I've noticed for a while that when depressing / releasing the clutch it feels "ratchety", and you can hear some kind of grinding going on - when stationary at traffic, out of gear with h/b on, just pressing / releasing the clutch I can feel and hear what sounds like bumps in the travel.

Hard to describe, but wondering if anyone else has / had this and what it might be. I'm expecting Nissan to recommend a new clutch or something related next week.

If so, then it would make sense to get a JWT clutch + flywheel, right, instead of stock?

Cheers

Steve

I have only had my z for 4 weeks now and mine defferently makes a little more noise when in neutral and lifting off the clutch. I find the clutch bite either on or off but i just think this is normal as i have not driven any other zeds. ??

Yep - I have this. Mine is a 2004 with 40k miles. It has been doing it for the last 5k miles and doesnt seem to be getting worse.

To be on the safe side I am getting a new clutch and ACT flywheel fitted tomorrow :teeth:

Will report back after the weekend

no idea - just had the p3 done and nothing was mentioned about the clutch, not that that means much with nissan. Had to replace all the brake pads + front discs tho.

Now I've got a wrattling gear nob - thought it was my cuff links at first, but now I know it's a rattling noise when the knob vibrates (e.g. high revs in 1st!) - any idea?

no idea - just had the p3 done and nothing was mentioned about the clutch, not that that means much with nissan. Had to replace all the brake pads + front discs tho.

Now I've got a wrattling gear nob - thought it was my cuff links at first, but now I know it's a rattling noise when the knob vibrates (e.g. high revs in 1st!) - any idea?

High revs sounds like a slipping clutch.............

No no, sorry my bad description. When I'm revving normally over 3k revs, there's more and more vibration normally, right? Well that normal vibration is now causing rattling from the gear stick.

Sorry for confusion, Mr Lambo!

How's the credit crunch treating ya?

No no, sorry my bad description. When I'm revving normally over 3k revs, there's more and more vibration normally, right? Well that normal vibration is now causing rattling from the gear stick.

Sorry for confusion, Mr Lambo!

How's the credit crunch treating ya?

Fine and dandy mate, busier than ever which is why I ain't on here as much :blush::teeth: