Hi all,

just picked up my first z car and thought I’d jump on the forum to say hi and find out more. The car is a 2006 rev up which at the moment is stock but have some plans of what I’d like to do with it. The z won’t be my daily as I’ve got another car but I am going to be using it for work for a bit to get used to the car and learn more about it.

So I wanted to start by asking for some tips on getting used to driving the 350. The main thing I’m slightly struggling with is the rev hang and driving around that. It holds rpm for at least 2-3 on upshifts and this is the first car I’ve owned that has an electronic throttle body so I guess I’m just not used to it. Today is my second day of driving it so I’m slowing getting there but still would appreciate any advice on just driving the 350 in general. 

Are there any modifications people do to help with this too? I’ve seen lots of talk about lighter flywheels and so on and even seen POVs of other 350s who don’t seem to get the rev hang at all. So not sure if that’s down to modifications or if it’s me not being able to adapt to the car yet. I’m also noticed that it idles a little high at about 1100-1200 rpm once warmed up if you’re waiting at lights ect. Could this be connected in any way?

Anyway, look forward to speaking to other members and learning more about these cars 

IMG_3611.jpeg

Hi and welcome! My 04 DE hangs a little on upshifts and I did a little research a couple weeks ago. As far as I found it's generally common/normal, people suggest it's the nature of e-throttle, or to help with smoother changes or even emissions. General consensus is a lighter flywheel will solve it 

As far as the high idle goes, try this 350z Reset proceedure (Pedal Dance) – Horsham Developments (h-dev.co.uk)

4 hours ago, heterofrogs1 said:

Hi and welcome! My 04 DE hangs a little on upshifts and I did a little research a couple weeks ago. As far as I found it's generally common/normal, people suggest it's the nature of e-throttle, or to help with smoother changes or even emissions. General consensus is a lighter flywheel will solve it 

As far as the high idle goes, try this 350z Reset proceedure (Pedal Dance) – Horsham Developments (h-dev.co.uk)

Thanks, I’ll take a look and see if it solves the idle problem. 

I might have a go at cleaning the throttle body to see if that helps too.