Steering Lock Failure: DONT WAIT.....

Sim

Sorry if this is repeated loads but I just wanted to post in case it helps someone.

My wife's Roadster randomly wouldn't start after a short drive.

The steering lock wasn't engaged so I could move the wheel but it had the orange key light stuck on and wouldn't start.

I read about someone trying to hit the lock to release it, so though I'd try this as I figured the mechanical part wasn't doing something that was causing the electrical signal issue.

I tried it on my own but had no luck, so called out the AA. 

The AA guy that had come out was great, tried another trick he'd learnt with the same or a similar fault with other Nissans, but it didn't work.

I told him about what I'd tried and he said we could have another go, him hitting and me on the button.

He did the hammer hits on the steering lock while I tapped the start button multiple times to try and get it on.

After a few tries, BOOM, it's got power, in ACC (ON) and a "quick" removal of the steering lock fuse and it was working again as it should.

Needless to say, my wife and I were really pleased at avoiding recovery and a massive bill.

I will be pulling the fuse on mine over the weekend........