Scotland trip

Just booked a week’s worth of hotels in Scotland for a road trip in September.

I have got the basic idea for stays and just need to finalise the routes for stop offs etc.

One thing I’ve seen on here is people advising to take petrol additives for when only E5 is available, can someone advise what that is please and how much I should take? I assume I should also have a couple of full petrol canisters in the boot for emergencies but if anyone could shed some light on petrol station availability in the highlands or any advise I would appreciate it as it’s our first time taking the car on a trip as well as the first time to Scotland.

Basic route will be- 

Edinburgh - Inverness - Ullapool - Strathcarron - Loch Lomond - Edinburgh 

From what ive heard the route caters to travellers and petrol stations are in the towns. It is possible youd be driving 150 miles with no petrol station. Extra cannisters for emergencies makes sense. I never trusted these petrol additives but i heard they're good for raising the Octane level when only basic E10 is available

petrol stations nc500 - Google Maps

Thanks, will be a bit more relaxed about the quiet parts knowing there is fuel available at the next town.

Wont be racing around so standard petrol should be ok in between topping up with premium when I can.

I have travelled to Scotland in my 350z  numerous times as my daughter lives in Aberdeenshire and whilst up there travelled about up to places like Banff and Elgin and never had a problem and I have only ever used BP Premium since I bought it over 7 years ago, using the motorways I can get from Northamptonshire to Aberdeen on a full tank so if you filled it up whilst up there you should be absolutely fine.