Replacement clutch advice

STmichael

So read loads of posts and now I am baffled by all the clutch talk. 
My sons Zed has now covered 90,000 miles (HR model) on its original clutch and the CSC has been noisy for a while but now getting worse. He is also saying that he is now getting a slight vibration through the gear lever. Time for a new clutch, CSC and flywheel. 
He is all for a lightweight flywheel and upgraded clutch being the young buck he is but me being an older engineer, prefer mechanical sympathy and hate the thought of clutch chatter and vibration. I would prefer to stay with a DMF. I have persuaded him to stick with DMF for now. 
What are your thoughts and recommendations. Obviously cost plays a part and I realise that a DMF costs more than a SMF but we still have be realistic on price as it will only be driven on the road and apart from the revup map, filters and exhaust will not be receiving any more power upgrades. 

We'd recommend the JWT clutch paired with the LUK DMF, you can also select the TORQEN heavy duty CSC from the drop downs. 

Wouldn't go for the OEM CSC again as they are a very common failure point and you might find yourself dropping the box again sooner than you expected. 

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/powertrain/clutch-flywheel-packs/245694-350z-hr-z33-370z-z34-jwt-clutch-with-luk-dual-mass-flywheel.html

I know you PM'd me too, I thought I'd pop it in here so the information and link is out there for others too ❤️

• Like 2