Falken 452's, the story begins....

davej

So i've just got a pair of these for the rears, from Camskill, @93.40 each inc delivery

So far good service, couriered to work, on the morning of delivery got a text, saying they would be delivered that day with the option of redlivery via return text, nice touch instead, they just cluttered up the office till today

got them fitted, and i'll try and update this periodically with how they are behaving in various weathers, cos my z aint a garage queen, goes out in all weathers and isnt gently driven...so should be interesting...

Dave

i had the 452's put on my zed £150 fitted and balanced. i have tryed them in the wet and i must say they are very good.

i have also given a real spanking in the dry too. there is a little movment on the tyer wall but they grip really well. also makea nice smooth ride too. i would recomend them to anyone on a buget. for the road they are very good. but when pushed really hard. 120mph cornering and braking hard :headhurt:!! they tend to over heat an become a bit loss. but then when do you drive like that . not very often i think.

overall great road tyre not so good if you are taking it on a track or drive like you are.lol

for the road they are very good. but when pushed really hard. 120mph cornering and braking hard :headhurt:!! they tend to over heat an become a bit loss. but then when do you drive like that

So you don't reckon they'd be much good out on track? I'm about to change all 4 corners on my zed and want to be sure I'm getting rubber that won't spoil a trackday.

Cheers,

Mal.

No worries on the track. I did a day at CAT driver training last Sunday and they held out fine. 140mph around the high speed bowl, lots of high speed breaking, lots of breaking and J-turns on the Alpine Circuit...

Have you upgraded brake pads, discs and springs / coilovers?

No worries on the track. I did a day at CAT driver training last Sunday and they held out fine. 160mph around the high speed bowl, lots of high speed breaking, lots of breaking and J-turns on the Alpine Circuit...

Good stuff. One thing though... what the hell's a J-turn? Never heard that term before...

Nope, I'm just taking it one thing at a time. I'll see whether I'm happy with just the tyre changes before doing anything more.

Mal.

No worries on the track. I did a day at CAT driver training last Sunday and they held out fine. 160mph around the high speed bowl, lots of high speed breaking, lots of breaking and J-turns on the Alpine Circuit...

I got 161mph ;)

That was on your Nissan Speedo not the GPS!!! ;) Did I put 160? must edit post !!

If your putting the Zed on the track the no one thing you will need to do is the Coilovers. RS*R and KW's are night and day to the standard Zed... The coilovers help even the bridgestones stick better!!

Am sure there are a few bods on here that can reccomend pads and discs. Standard Brembo pads faired well but as I am 70% on the fronts I will need to have a change soon!

• 1 month later...

Had a set of 452`s fitted last week. Replaced the Bridgestones :thumbs:

I`d been on the drift day, so the rears had chunks of rubber missing, the fitter removed the old ones, he said "f#####g hell, these are absolutely knackered, what the hell have you been doing to them :wacko: " I was quite pleased with that :D

Tyres still need running in, so i`ll see how they perform :thumbs: