Playing Music From Phone Via Aux Input - Sudden Problem

Loadmaster

I'm well and truly stumped by a sudden problem when playing music from my phone via the aux input and was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what's happened.

I regularly use the set up in the photo to listen to Spotify etc. Red and white jacks into the corresponding ports in the armrest cubby hole and the black 3.5 jack into the phone itself - switch to Aux, happy funky days.

Went to do this during the week - usual set up, nothing different to usual, but every 10 seconds or so the music cuts out for five seconds or so, then resumes for 10 seconds, then cuts out again - and it just continues that way. I've done nothing different, checked connections, but nothing seems to stop these interruptions.

I have no clue as to what to do next.

Any help, suggestions or guidance will be gratefully received!

Cheers.

IMG_20230716_151714675.jpg

Edited by Loadmaster

Update:

I've had a slight breakthrough with this problem.

This afternoon I cleaned up the connecting leads and receptacles, which made no difference. However, what I did notice when the music was doing its cutting out thing, was that my phone suddenly disconnected from the car and after that, the music stopped cutting out. To test in reverse, I reconnected the phone and the cutting out started again. So, for the time being I'm leaving the phone disconnected.

This still begs the question, why is this happening? My phone isn't a stranger to the car, so I really can't work out why it's suddenly an issue.

I'm going to buy some new leads, but this time with a USB connection to the car - you never know, it might make a difference.  

4 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Good good. I know someone that got the ipad having issues with audio quality. The oem system does the job. Reliable. 

I never did get to the bottom of the initial problem, but having now got around that by at last connecting audio to the phone, it's now immaterial really.

Thanks for you help and suggestions.

8 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

I never did get to the bottom of the initial problem, but having now got around that by at last connecting audio to the phone, it's now immaterial really.

Thanks for you help and suggestions.

Yeah unless you plan to watch videos in future probably best leaving it for now. Might get it checked at an audio place down the line. Might be a loose connection in the center console 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Yeah unless you plan to watch videos in future probably best leaving it for now. Might get it checked at an audio place down the line. Might be a loose connection in the center console 

I can't post photos in chat PM. Here's what is possibly the only photo in existence of a meeting of Zeds from the upper deck of a 747!

IMG_20220618_111020272~2.jpg

• Like 1