Boot button not working ?

Jap350

Hi, I’m new to my 350 I knew about the problem when I bought the car. The mechanical emergency cord works for the boot but the button under the license plate does nothing. No noise or anything. Is it possible just to have a faulty switch and if so does the rear bumper have to come off to look at it ??  

1 minute ago, Jay カレー said:

Interesting, I have exactly the same issue. I can’t see why it would be the popper springs as when you pull the cable it “pops” up nicely?.. 

I’ve just ordered a used boot latch off eBay so will let you know if that works.

That would be great thank you 🙏 

• Like 1

On 16/06/2023 at 20:41, Jap350 said:

Hi, I’m new to my 350 I knew about the problem when I bought the car. The mechanical emergency cord works for the boot but the button under the license plate does nothing. No noise or anything. Is it possible just to have a faulty switch and if so does the rear bumper have to come off to look at it ??  

I had the same issue and, like you said, it was the button under the license plate. Unfortunately , you need to remove the rear bumper to change it. In my case, it was a good idea doing the work after having already purchased the entire used part because mine was a bit rusted/ruined (not just the switch but also its supports) 

26 minutes ago, Luigi350z said:

I had the same issue and, like you said, it was the button under the license plate. Unfortunately , you need to remove the rear bumper to change it. In my case, it was a good idea doing the work after having already purchased the entire used part because mine was a bit rusted/ruined (not just the switch but also its supports) 

Where did you get it all from a scrap yard or eBay ext?