RE050A's - what's a decent price?

garry

Only done 1500miles and already picked up a screw in one of my rear tyres. Too close to the sidewall to repair and sidewall slightly damaged (as my missus didn't notice it was flat for a while... :scare: )

Anyway - enough grumbling - net effect is rqmnt for new tyre on the rear - want to replace like with like so one bridgestone potenza 245/45 R18 RE050A required.

Called around a few places and no-where has them in stock so I'm getting one ordered and will be avail in +1 day - not too bad.

Had priced online at £149 per tyre but called Kwik Fit (do you have these in England or are they Scotland only?) who have price matched and will include fitting.

Is £149 fitted a reasonable price then?

+1, Would take it as a sign that someone thinks you need a tyre upgrade, anything but Bridgestones.

You guys crack me up - 1500 miles and replace all the tyres! Fine if you've got money to burn.

:headhurt:

Anyway these are RE050s not RE040s and in my own experience a superior tyre.

Price looks ok-ish, garry. I'd only bother upgrading if you're minted like Martin and then I'd go for something top end like Michelin Pilot Sports. :thumbs:

+1, Would take it as a sign that someone thinks you need a tyre upgrade, anything but Bridgestones.

You guys crack me up - 1500 miles and replace all the tyres! Fine if you've got money to burn.

Price looks ok-ish, garry. I'd only bother upgrading if you're minted like Martin and then I'd go for something top end like Michelin Pilot Sports. :thumbs:

+1 :thumbs: Amazing how the anti-stones brigade are like jumping jack flash (gives my age away) when it comes to tyre opinion :lol:

+1 :thumbs: Amazing how the anti-stones brigade are like jumping jack flash (gives my age away) when it comes to tyre opinion :lol:

Need all the help I can get :blush:

Even though I went to Falkens, the bridgestones arnt that bad in the right conditions. Harder sidewall that the falkens so they do hold for longer. 1 Set of Toyos, 2 sets of falkens and 1 set of Bridgestones on sunday at Millbrook and they all performed pretty much the same and we gave them some serious stick......

+1

Is the RE050A a the runflat version?

That sounds about right Garry - have you tried online places like camskill, mytyres, and blackcircles to give you a rough price guide?

Where abouts in Scotland are you?

Yes tried mytyres and that's where I got the price match price.

I'm in the S.E. Glasgow area...

I'm also sceptical about the bad press bridgestones get - althpo apparently when they moved from RE040s to RE050s it totally transformed ride comfort in the car... if you believe the reviews.

But anyway - as digsy says, I can't afford to replace all 4 after 1500 miles so better to keep all 4 the same than "upgrade" only 1 IMO!!!

That sounds about right Garry - have you tried online places like camskill, mytyres, and blackcircles to give you a rough price guide?

Where abouts in Scotland are you?

Yes tried mytyres and that's where I got the price match price.

I'm in the S.E. Glasgow area...

I'm also sceptical about the bad press bridgestones get - althpo apparently when they moved from RE040s to RE050s it totally transformed ride comfort in the car... if you believe the reviews.

But anyway - as digsy says, I can't afford to replace all 4 after 1500 miles so better to keep all 4 the same than "upgrade" only 1 IMO!!!

Makes sense Garry - i see your logic.

I never see any Zeds around Glasgow area but always keep my eyes peeled :D