Nissan 370z exhaust drone issue

Jerry Pickle

Hi, I've got a GReddy evolution gt 304 exhaust with motor-dyne art pipes but I'm having a problem with it being too loud and too much drone. I was wondering if I could replace the y-pipe with any resonated y-pipe that goes to 3 inch or would it need to be specific for the Greddy exhaust? I was also wondering how useful is it to use soundproofing in the boot to reduce the drone noise.

The Y section on your exhaust sadly isn't interchangable. 2 options to make the exhaust quieter, have the OE cats put back on or have an exhaust shop fit bungs to the tailpipes. Bungs are detachable for days when you want more volume.

https://www.mijexhaust.com/product/exhaust-universal-db-killer-back-box-baffle-tip-removable-silencer-bung-s-steel/

dbkiller__2_withlogo.jpg.c472d1b0aa1fccf03caec57b8bb0b66a.jpg

It'll be the art pipes causing the volume & drone, so if the bungs don't work out I'd look at replacing them with HFCs. Nearly as free flowing but less/better noise, plus you won't have a headache when it comes to MOT time.