350Z Cat codes

polaris

Hi, does anyone have any idea where the codes are on OEM 350Z cats? People keep asking me for the codes and I've got no clue, I've had a real thorough look and can't see them anywhere. Thanks

Edited by polaris

20 hours ago, Ekona said:

Take it back, what’s the issue? You want new cats?

I recently replaced my OEM cats with HFCs. I've put my OEM cats up for sale on Marketplace and I keep being asked 'What are the cat codes?'. I assume it's something to do with identifying the precious metals inside or something but I can't find any 'codes' stamped on the cats

Do they differ from the actual part numbers? If not then I'm all sorted

Edited by polaris
  • Thanks 1

They are normally etched into the cats, it'll be under the heat shields if anywhere, they are codes to determine what metals are inside as you said (different to the Nissan part numbers). 

In my personal experience AMF Cats on Facebook has the best prices for a quick sale, sold 3/4 sets from personal cars and projects. Sure, you can get more on eBay by waiting it out but if you ship to them, they bank transfer the same day they receive them. 

He won't need the codes as we've sent him both 350z and 370z cats in the past so they already have what metals are inside on file. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coz@TORQEN said:

They are normally etched into the cats, it'll be under the heat shields if anywhere, they are codes to determine what metals are inside as you said (different to the Nissan part numbers). 

In my personal experience AMF Cats on Facebook has the best prices for a quick sale, sold 3/4 sets from personal cars and projects. Sure, you can get more on eBay by waiting it out but if you ship to them, they bank transfer the same day they receive them. 

He won't need the codes as we've sent him both 350z and 370z cats in the past so they already have what metals are inside on file. 

Thanks Coz, I'll take a look at AMF.

For future readers, the cat code can be found on the mounting bracket with the 2 bolts. I had to run some steel wool and emery cloth over mine to make the code visible.

20221220_164334.jpg

Edited by polaris