Owner to be...

Howdy all, I'm looking to purchase a 350z tomoro, reazlly looking forward to it but first a few qs: its a 53 plate gt (UK car) with reverse sensors and a badge that says nismo z tune on the back. its at a nissan garage for 14k. does this sound about right? also what is the relevance of the badge? just a bit worried that it means its had somework and the garage will probably be clueless about it. also, it had some funny immobilzer on it where you had to punch in a code on a button under the dash near the keys?

thanks guys

Looks OK and I would be tempted to agree that its likely to just be a badge. The keypad is throwing me though. Aftermarket alarm/immobiliser? Anyone else got one?

not really a keypad as in 0-9 but just two tiny buttons side by side and an extra red led on top of the dash. they said it doesnt have a tracker and i thought these had a cat 1 alarm/immobiliser as standard. cant wait to pick it up if we can make a deal tomoro, prob be friday at the soonest

not really a keypad as in 0-9 but just two tiny buttons side by side and an extra red led on top of the dash. they said it doesnt have a tracker and i thought these had a cat 1 alarm/immobiliser as standard. cant wait to pick it up if we can make a deal tomoro, prob be friday at the soonest

Welcome :thumbs:

You might just be in time for the big Welsh run B)

Welcome to the site. :thumbs:

Does the keypad have a single wire coming out of it? And do the keys have an extra fob on to unlock it? If it does then ask what has happened to the standard alarm. The NATS is quite good.

Welcome to the forum Thane. Are there corresponding lights on the remote and somewhere, most likely on the steering column? Have a nosey around under the bonnet or around the firewall at the top of the carpet on the drivers side, that will probably give you some clue as to what brand the alarm might be.

The red light on top of the dash in front of the steering wheel will be the stock led for the stock alarm.

hi, thanks for all the replies. the led is on the dash trim to the side of the dials, i've asked the garage to disconnect it entirely for peace of mind, had bad experiences of aftermarket alarms in the past. collecting the car thrusday night, managed to get half a tanks worth of juice thrown in (did try for a full tank but they wouldnt budge). managed to get a service and test thrown in (should have had the cambelt done, its on 54k) and a full valet.

hopefully get pics up at the weekend :D

going to be a nice change to have a proper sports car, got a clio 197 thats a good laugh to drive and handles, but just want something thats a bit less effort to drive.

thanks all for the warm welcome B)

hi, thanks for all the replies. the led is on the dash trim to the side of the dials, i've asked the garage to disconnect it entirely for peace of mind, had bad experiences of aftermarket alarms in the past. collecting the car thrusday night, managed to get half a tanks worth of juice thrown in (did try for a full tank but they wouldnt budge). managed to get a service and test thrown in (should have had the cambelt done, its on 54k) and a full valet.

There is no cam belt bud. :thumbs:

no cambelt on a Z.

There is a LED light on UK cars on the dash up buy the windscreen. This is part of the UK alarm.