Changing side lights. Tips welcome

HEADPHONES

Both side lights are blown.

Lasted 16 years and 70k miles so not bad at all.

Going to follow this YouTube guide.

I was just going to replace with standard bulbs again seeing as they lasted 16 years.

Anybody know which were the original brand?

However if any of you have had upgraded bulbs or LEDs etc that have lasted years without problems I'm open to alternatives.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming it's the bulb I've arrowed in the diagram below that I need to change.

Also would there be any difference loosening the arch liner from the OEM fibreglass Nismo front bumper that I hav and would you recommend I order some clips in case the 16 year old ones snap during removal?

IMG_20211014_212506.jpg

I have the same Nismo bodykit and changed mine a few years ago, it's dead easy. I didn't remove the wheel just put the steering on full lock and removed a few of the arch liner clips (which all came out in one piece thankfully), then you can squeeze your hand up there. 

I'm pretty sure it's the bulb I've circled that's the sidelight.

I went with Philips LEDs mainly because I wanted a white light that better matched the OEM xenons. 

Screenshot_20211015-085250_Chrome~2.jpg

71mwQZjLOvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mr v6 said:

No need to go as far as his videos. I've changed mine plenty of times. Just turn the steering wheel to the opposite side you're working on, undo the one screw at the top of the dirt shield & pull it away. 😎

YouTube videos I started with had me thinking about removing THE WHOLE BUMPER:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes mate usually a pain to turn as you can only get two fingers in (pahh) the little o rings get stiff (ffs how dodgy) so spray it with some lube on the way back in and shouldn’t be so bad! I’ve had these purple led ones for about 8 years now!

DEC32A2C-D97A-4CD3-8C93-9706E966B50D.jpeg

Edited by Azurez33
  • Thanks 1