370z front suspension ticking noise

valy

Hi gents!

Got an annoying clicking noise from the suspension on the driver side front of my 370 but unsure what exactly is.

Gets worst when turning left and goes when driving straight

Are these the bushings in the lower arm perhaps? do they usually get changed or a new lower arm is required if this is the problem?

Thanks

20 minutes ago, StormtrooperZ said:

I have something similar, but driverside rear. I believe it's the ARB drop link on mine. 

I had this on the back as well from the axle which is well known bug on the 370's ,but just had it sorted and upgraded with a kawasaki castellated axle nut 

I'd be surised if the lower arm bushes were at fault - they're not as big of a problem as they were with the 350z's.

By the fact the noise changes with steering angle, I can only assume it'd be your tie rod as components like your drop links mount to the LCA so the noise shouldn't change by turning the wheel.

15 minutes ago, Silverthorn said:

I'd be surised if the lower arm bushes were at fault - they're not as big of a problem as they were with the 350z's.

By the fact the noise changes with steering angle, I can only assume it'd be your tie rod as components like your drop links mount to the LCA so the noise shouldn't change by turning the wheel.

thanks mate,tie rods are cheaper then a lower arm so might try this in the first instance and get both sides done

any suggestions on brands?

@valy Honestly, i usually just go with whichever is available on the best deal on Autodoc - I believe i paid about £10 or so per tie rod from them. Postage can be a little bit expensive so if you have any other maintenance items you want to purchase, try and get them all in one order to save a few ££.

It's a shame you're as far away as you are as i have two almost brand new tie rods just sat here as i fitted them and then removed them a month later when i fitted the GKtech kit.

5 minutes ago, Silverthorn said:

@valy Honestly, i usually just go with whichever is available on the best deal on Autodoc - I believe i paid about £10 or so per tie rod from them. Postage can be a little bit expensive so if you have any other maintenance items you want to purchase, try and get them all in one order to save a few ££.

It's a shame you're as far away as you are as i have two almost brand new tie rods just sat here as i fitted them and then removed them a month later when i fitted the GKtech kit.

If they are good and you want to get rid of them I can have yours mate if you can post them to me,I am happy to cover the postage as won't be much.just send me a dm and will arrange all 

2 hours ago, Ebized said:

Have you checked between the disc and dust shield and spun the wheel off the ground?  Not uncommon for stones etc to get lodged there.

yes,did this as one of the first checks when I started hearing the noise

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...