Something leaking from somewhere (the picture helps!)

SifuSteve

Only my 3rd post and it's a tale of woe. I've never looked under my car and now I have, I'm more than a little concerned.

Whatever the fluid is, it doesn't seem very oily. It's just behind the nearside front wheel. I recently had a JWT clutch and lightweight flywheel installed, along with a Torqen master cylinder and Mishimoto oil catch can. He also replaced a suspension arm... if that might give any clue as to what's damaged.

The really worrying bit is a hint of rattling and an intermittent, barely noticeable hissing coming from somewhere in the centre of the undercarriage (as far as I can tell). It sounds like fluid escaping under pressure. 

I literally just arrived on these forums yesterday and I'm really hoping that you guys will ease my mind. I am trying to brace myself for more bad news though.

20200919_154228.jpg

6 minutes ago, DoogyRev said:

every Zed piddle's a little bit when you use the aircon :thumbs:

That. That right there is the best response I could ever have hoped for. Thank you.

There's something else I've just noticed that may be completely unrelated: I get a static shock from the door when I get out. That's never happened before. Weird but consistent. It's got me every time I've gone back out to investigate. Could the expelled water from the aircon be having an unfortunate conductive effect?

won't have anything to do with the water . .  perhaps you're just electric :lol:

On a side note, I use to suffer from bad static (cars, doorhandles, post box etc) put it down to cheap nylon socks and cheap shoes, never get shocked with cotton socks and leather shoes :snack:

This has really set my mind to rest, cheers.

My worries kicked off when I took my wife out a few days ago, roof down, and all was well. She's always complained about how loud the car is and it was running really smoothly - she hadn't been out, roof down, since the Miltec exhaust was fitted. Two days later, I've mapped the engine to an aggressive throttle response, the roof's up and she takes it out herself. When she gets back, she telling me about how something sounds wrong, it's growly again and there's something leaking...