V55/5 Forum

Osakakev

Hi,

Has anyone registered an import recently? Form isn't the easiest and it's going to take ages for the DVLA to issue me a V5 so don't want it to be rejected and take longer.

If someone could let me see a copy of their form it would be really appreciated!

Cheers

Kev

I'm finding it very difficult to communicate with DVLA and have been since March. They're not answering phones, Emails are from non-reply addresses, and their website just takes you round in ever increasing circles. I changed the plate on the car I bought in February as the seller sold me the car with his private plate on, the V5 came back OK but I've never received the retention certificate. (They have taken the £80 fee though)

Their latest Email is an example:

DVLA Contact Centre <dvla.donotreply@dvla.gov.uk>
Wed 05/08/2020 14.35
To: You
Dear Hugh *****,
Thank you for your enquiry received on 5/8/2020. 
Your case reference number is 029***01.
For online applications, the new V5C Registration Certificate should arrive within 5 working days.
If an application is submitted by post, the turnaround time following a cherished transfer or a retention application for the delivery of the new V5C can vary, depending on what documentation you submitted accompanying the cherished transfer or retention application.
If you submitted the V5C, you should receive your new V5C within 2 weeks of the application being accepted by DVLA.
However, if you submitted a V62 application for a vehicle registration certificate V5C you should receive your new V5C within 4 weeks.
Please note the above information may no longer be correct.
Due to high demand for our services we are unable to respond to your email.
For general enquiries:
Due to COVID-19 we are only offering a service to HGV drivers and key workers directly involved in the nation’s response to the COVID-19. Please use the online services wherever possible.
For more information and to stay up to date please see: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/dvla-coronavirus-covid-19-update
For Key worker enquiries
Due to COVID-19 we are only offering a service to HGV drivers and key workers directly involved in the nation’s response to COVID-19. Please use the online services where ever possible.
Best Regards
DVLA Email Logo

Short of going to Swansea, I have no way of contacting them.