Sprayless Scratch repair.

SAFC99

It looks like those coloured pastes that they use to fill and polish up around the area. I have not used this sort of thing before. I'm not sure how permanent it is, or how it will age. At the end of the day if it isn't paint then it won't behave like paint when you try and clay / polish / wax it.

Surfing round DetailingWorld and someone has done a great job to their P1 with this stuff: ---typically cant find the detailing world specific link! ---

http://www.drcolorchip.com/

Think I will get some and report back in a few weeks

I've emailled them to ask about postage to the UK, and will give it a go if its reasonable. I tried the Langka kit, but was unhappy with the colour match of the Halfrauds paint a mate made up for me. If this is a reasonable price, it will hopefully do a better job :thumbs:

Surfing round DetailingWorld and someone has done a great job to their P1 with this stuff: ---typically cant find the detailing world specific link! ---

I've emailled them to ask about postage to the UK, and will give it a go if its reasonable. I tried the Langka kit, but was unhappy with the colour match of the Halfrauds paint a mate made up for me. If this is a reasonable price, it will hopefully do a better job :thumbs:

It says on the website to use shipping option 3 to post to the UK

:doh: missed that :blush:

GM colour code is WV2 btw. On this point, I was told by Chips Away there are at least 2 variants of it on their database, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with. Chips Away colour was much lighter than Halfords, but at certain angles the Halfords stuff was just too dark, whereas Chips was a much better match, albeit slightly lighter than OEM.

Has any one had anything to do with sprayless scratch repair? Are they any good?

The video of this product looks very impressive; however I spoke to a mate of mine who has been to Sunderland for a demo in case he could add it to his range of services in his new business.

He doesn’t believe it’s as good as the video suggests. He says it seems very good for light scratches but that it can’t handle anything deeper. He said that stone chips and deep scratches are improved but that they can still be seen. This was also the opinion of the guy showing him how the system works. This guy did say that with a lot of effort you could possibly get a good result but never as good as a respray. He also said you had to buy the complete kit and couldn’t just buy the colour for your particular car. PITTY

GM colour code is WV2 btw. On this point, I was told by Chips Away there are at least 2 variants of it on their database, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with. Chips Away colour was much lighter than Halfords, but at certain angles the Halfords stuff was just too dark, whereas Chips was a much better match, albeit slightly lighter than OEM.

OK got an email back from them and they do indeed post to the UK with option 3. Think I will order some after pay day (next Monday) and see what happens :thumbs:

OK got an email back from them and they do indeed post to the UK with option 3. Think I will order some after pay day (next Monday) and see what happens :thumbs:

post the results chris :thumbs: interested to know how it does on stone chips

• 5 months later...
Mine has just been shipped, will take before/during and after pics as my front bumper is peppered with chips

Good stuff. Any eta on when you plan to do it? Might hold off til we see the results :thumbs:

Bump!

Did you get the kit mate? How did it go? Few people (inc me) are looking for a good stone chip repair solution :thumbs:

What is the Colour Code for a GM?

WV2

Oops - I see that was answered a long time ago - must have missed this thread earlier. :blush:

He got the code already Jim, got the kit too. This was a while ago. Was seeing how he got on with it :thumbs: