Did I get a decent deal.....?

DrTroy

I got a 2006 06 GT Roadster. 6,700 on the clock, one owner, azure blue £19,950. I ask because the same garage now has an 06 but newer model with 9,000 on the clock for £19.495. Although one selling point is mine was registered just before the tax hike.

Feel abit skanked :(

Yeah I luv the car, just hurts abit when " heres what u could have won " rings in my mind...

More bhp, speed sensitive steering, silver dials !!! and prob even more stuff than that

also get the problem with excessive oil consumption though on the later "rev-up" engine , I would plump for the earlier one everytime ;)

I would have thought there's a good reason why you can get that one at that price - it's swings and roundabouts really. As soon as I got my car I stopped looking at the price of others - it doesn't do you any good, just enjoy what you've got, you still got a good one!

I would have thought there's a good reason why you can get that one at that price - it's swings and roundabouts really. As soon as I got my car I stopped looking at the price of others - it doesn't do you any good, just enjoy what you've got, you still got a good one!

Exactly what I do! (or don't do...) :)

Are they UK cars of imports? Sounds like a good deal to me.

I went to local Nissan and saw car's younger and less miles than mine for less than I paid 10 months ago. Petrol cars are being sold cheaper now due to less people being able or willing to pay stupid prices for petrol or tax. Wouldn't worry too much about it mate, prices vary all the time :thumbs:

I paid over the top for mine by a long way I reckon (£25K, 5000 miles, rev-up MY06), but everytime I drive the thing I simply don't care. It's the exact spec I wanted and came from a NMGB dealer with low miles which ticked every box on my wanted list. I could've had a much faster car for what I paid, or a better looking one, or something with a bigger engine in, but that's not what I wanted.

There'll always be something better/cheaper out there if you look, but with car purchases we always tend to follow our hearts and not our heads. Best way I reckon :thumbs: