350z top bhp on aps tt kit

jasper350Zaps

ive just got a cosworth short block and cosworth heads im going to be putting in hks 264 cams ive already got fitted aps tt kit im going to have motec m800 ecu and 800 injectors whats the max bhp i can get out of the aps tt kit to use every day without putting the turbos under to much stress

? ! , . : : ' .........

Best to ask someone like Zmanalex, Smoky, Kevin Huntley or Magnum (On the other channel) about these questions as they all have gone down the Turbo route. Zmanalex is running a very high power Zed and may be able to help.

The first think that any of them would say is to make sure the chasis is fully braced (perhaps using the GTSpec kit) as the car will tie its self in knots if you don't.

Seems like you have all the kit but still some questions, you not getting a tuner to help you with the install?

Got any pics of the project?

I'd have thought your tuner could advise you. Could be very expensive to get wrong..... :scare:

There is a wealth of knowledge on these forums and on the us ones my350z and tech.

I'd look at the US sites Stew has mentioned as there are plenty of folk pushing out big numbers over the pond. One tip though, search the forums first before asking questions as they don't tolerate lazy arses over there. Good luck! :thumbs:

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?showforum=80

http://www.my350z.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182

I was told that with non standard internals 600 bho was achieveable and safe

:scare::scare::scare::scare::headhurt:

Dude who told you that.

some same 400 but even thats pushing it depending on how many miles on the engine. Safest bet I was always thought was 360-380 bhp on standard internals. When I called aps guys they said 400bhp was fine as its not so much the bhp that effects the engine but more the torque.

Best bet is to talk to the following who I found gave me the best advice:

prescience, tere and big phil :thumbs:

Dude who told you that.

some same 400 but even thats pushing it depending on how many miles on the engine. Safest bet I was always thought was 360-380 bhp on standard internals. When I called aps guys they said 400bhp was fine as its not so much the bhp that effects the engine but more the torque.

You need to read the posts lad - "non standard internals". :lol:

Dude who told you that.

You need to read the posts lad - "non standard internals". :lol:

:blush: doh :lol:

what did baptist have on his as he rebuilt his block, 530 wasnt it?

I spoke to the guys at WRC (I think) at Silverstone last year. Seem to remember they had a Zed pushing 400BHP on standard internals and 600BHP on a rebuilt block. They seem to be the numbers you'd be looking at.

Any reason you need more than 600 horses? Racing, drag? What other upgrades do you have? I'm just being curious :)

thought i would be getting more than 600bhp im going to have a complete cosworth built low comp short block and cosworth built big valve heads hks 264 cams ive already got aps tt system.im also getting motec m800 ecu 800cc or 1000cc injectors uprated fuel system uprated oil pump twin or triple plate clutch plus upgrading any other parts on car brakes etc etc what i want to know is what will the aps twin turbo kit go up to without putting to much stress on it

? What will the APS go up to? Boost you mean?

Best to ask some of the people mentioned above that have been there as you seem to be chucking a load of cash at something you are being given either crap or no advice about at all.

You doing the install yourself? Any pics?

PS the use of punctuation may help in explaining yourself :)

yes whats the highest boost they will go up to and what sort of bhp am i going to be getting at that sort of boost,no im not doing the install myself but will be taking pics just trying to build a high power engine that aint going to break want a car that i can drive every day then take it to drag strips and tracks at wknds

baptist had a high power APS TT car that was for 'everyday use'

I don't personally know your answers but surely these are the types of questions APS or your engine builder and tuner should be answering.

I'm quite sure you did very thorough research on the all the parts before spending big money on them however without having a firm plan on boost / torque / BHP settings before planning the work, I can't see how you need to be asking these questions! I really thought they'd have been answered right from the start.

ive just got a cosworth short block and cosworth heads im going to be putting in hks 264 cams ive already got fitted aps tt kit im going to have motec m800 ecu and 800 injectors whats the max bhp i can get out of the aps tt kit to use every day without putting the turbos under to much stress

Best to talk to your engine builder and mapper.

All depends on how safe you want it to be.

With full control over boost, ignition, fuel and cams you will have many options.

I run a HKS tt Roadster with 525hp at the huds (around 600 at the fly)

I am amazed that you did not figure/calculate all this out prior to starting on your project.

I also would have thought that torque would also have been a major issue.

Remember bhp sells cars, torque wins races. :yahoo:

Do your searches on both U.K. forums and educate yourself :)

After that, feel free to give me a shout anytime and I will answer all your questions with informed responces. ;)

As a matter of interest, who is your preferred engine builder and mapper?

Cheers,

Alex.

Dude who told you that.

This was when I as considering a 23K engine re build by torque developments

Dude who told you that.

This was when I as considering a 23K engine re build by torque developments

its ok pal I didnt see the non bit before internals :blush: