Rays Alloys Bubbleing

DannyH

Hi All,

I have taken my car in today to have a look at a couple of issues under warrenty, one of which is my rays alloys seem to be corroding and causing bubbled paint work to appear, has anyone known of this before and had it taken it to the dealer? the other issue is my traction esp lights come on sometimes and stay on saying i have no traction or esp????

Comments would be appreciated

Thanks

Danny

the dealer will take photos or you can supply them, these are sent off by the dealer to NMGB and they decide and give the decision back to the dealer. If you unsuccessful then you need to take it up with customer car at NMGB.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
out of warranty

Although out of warranty you could still make a claim under the sales of good act because they are not fit for purpose.

Alloy wheels 'should' last 5+, 10+ years without issue. If they fail before this would indicate a defect. The fact its over the 3 year official warranty does not get them off scot free.

If they offer a refurb I would take it. If not get them refurbed and punt another few quid on a small claims court on them. Most companies will pay up as it will be cheaper to pay up than have to pay for a lawyer to appear at the court for just 5 minutes.

if you try the court thing you can get the forms online i believe and the cost is about £50. If they dont submit a response within 21 days you can apply for default judgement and you win because they did not respond in time. If they do respond and you dont want to go to court you can drop the process and not have to pay anything. If you have £50 quid and an hour or so to fill in the paper work it's possibly worth a try. If you do go to court and lose, be aware you will end up woth a bill for their costs.

Double check on the info above though, its a few years since i dealt with this and things may have changed.

Good Luck

• 2 months later...

Just thought I would comment on this thread with my experience. My Rays had been on the road for just over a year and started to bubble - not as bad as some of the photos on this thread but none the less unsightly. My local dealer took a few pictures and advised me that it could take up to four weeks to get a call back. Three weeks later they called telling me the replacement alloys had arrived and I could book in to have them replaced. No arguments, ifs, buts or questions asked - I was chuffed to bits.

It seems strange that there can be such inconsistency with level of service different customers are receiving off Nissan. Is it the dealerships and their relationship with Nissan or have Nissan just finally accepted that there is a problem with the alloys?

• 3 months later...