300 workout Get yoself lean!

Zedrush

Hi any of you guys tried this work out? You have probably all seen the film and thought damn want that physic, well there was a workout to test the endurance and strength and really pushes to the limit. Well I decided to give it a go as I have started to trim up for summer, Did it last night at the gym :wacko:

Its pretty hard going but managed it just under 20 mins which is what you want to aim for, so next time you guys at the gym try it out, dont worry about timing yourself just get through it then keep progressing your time to get quicker each week. I suggest you only do this twice a week along with your other training, this is what we call plyometrics, builds core strength and endurance and is great for fighters :thumbs:

25 pull-ups

50 deadlifts at 135 pounds

50 push-ups

50 box jumps with a 24-inch box

50 "floor wipers" (a core and shoulders exercise at 135 pounds)

50 "clean and press" at 36 pounds (a weight-lifting exercise)

25 more pull-ups -- for a total of 300 reps

Target time to get all done: Under 20 mins

Record to beat: 18 mins 52

For illustration here is what each workout entails

The goal is not to have any rests between sets, make sure you stretch and warm up first then once completed just do a 15-20 min uphill walk, jog or bike :thumbs:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey BRO :lol: i am currently pretty built because i play rugby so most of the stuff i do is just weights. Normally 10 reps of 110kgs, 10 reps of 100kgs, 10 reps of 80kgs then 10 reps of 50kgs. Then just go on to do arm curls, push ups, squats etc. Then just do 40 min run to keep the cardio going! THEN fall over and die haha :teeth:

There have been various 300 training routines posted and all differ slightly. One thing I would say about all of them is dont try it if you are not an experienced weight lifter as moves like deadlifts and clean & press can be very dangerous if you dont know what you are doing.

On a less serious note, I saw a vid on the guys training for 300, and the trainer basically said they had as close to no repetition in the exercises as possible. Always hitting their body's with new and exciting exercises so they never became efficient at any single one always causing their muscles to grow. Was very interesting, but looked like bloody hard work! :scare:

Hey BRO :lol: i am currently pretty built because i play rugby so most of the stuff i do is just weights. Normally 10 reps of 110kgs, 10 reps of 100kgs, 10 reps of 80kgs then 10 reps of 50kgs. Then just go on to do arm curls, push ups, squats etc. Then just do 40 min run to keep the cardio going! THEN fall over and die haha :teeth:

lol bro, I was a semi pro ice hockey player (not a patch on the american or canadian standards) so guess its similar to rugby lol :thumbs:

Try this workout dude, seriously its tough, its not so much the actual exercise as by themselves they are easy its trying to recover as you go on to the next as there is no breaks. Next tuesday gonna try and do this twice with a 3min break in between but doubt its gonna happen the lactic acid build up is immense and my cardio wont hold out to a second set :blush:

Its completely different to weight training as muscle strength and muscle endurance are completely different. I have guys who can get 75kilo dumbells in each hands and bench incline 3 sets 10. Yet ask them to put their feet on a swiss ball, hand on push up bars with a 20kg plate on their back and ask them to push 20 and they struggle to do 10 :wacko:

lol bro, I was a semi pro ice hockey player (not a patch on the american or canadian standards) so guess its similar to rugby lol :thumbs:

Try this workout dude, seriously its tough, its not so much the actual exercise as by themselves they are easy its trying to recover as you go on to the next as there is no breaks. Next tuesday gonna try and do this twice with a 3min break in between but doubt its gonna happen the lactic acid build up is immense and my cardio wont hold out to a second set :blush:

Its completely different to weight training as muscle strength and muscle endurance are completely different. I have guys who can get 75kilo dumbells in each hands and bench incline 3 sets 10. Yet ask them to put their feet on a swiss ball, hand on push up bars with a 20kg plate on their back and ask them to push 20 and they struggle to do 10 :wacko:

:lol::lol::lol: I am defo gonna give it a shot mate! I have one rugby game left this season, so i want to tone down a bit for summer. So i will give this a go on thurs and see how i get on! No doubt i will knackered lol

Cheers for the tips bro :teeth:

P.S ice hockey very kool, especially when all hell breaks loose lol

:lol::lol::lol: I am defo gonna give it a shot mate! I have one rugby game left this season, so i want to tone down a bit for summer. So i will give this a go on thurs and see how i get on! No doubt i will knackered lol

Cheers for the tips bro :teeth:

P.S ice hockey very kool, especially when all hell breaks loose lol

lol out of 22 games I must of had about 11 fights and that was nothing compared to the rest of em. One guy hit me so hard I passed out 3 times that night from it afterwards. that was probably one of the best nights of my life lol :lol::wacko::blush:

I agree, there is a difference between them and it looks like your guys have bugger all core stability if thats the case (not that I'll say it to their face) but even with pussy weights, doing deadlifts wrong will bugger your back up, just informing those that may not be aware that it can be dangerous. I had a mate at uni that threw his back out deadlifting like 30kg :lol::lol::lol::lol: Doing it faster will only make it worse too, so although the weight is low, the speed of doing it and doing it incorrectly could injure you. :)

This reminds me I need to get back into some form of exercise, become a right unfit bugger recently!

lol you are 100% right technique has to be spot on for safety purposes, but thats part of the test doing each exercise correctly yet trying to do it within 20mins.

I always get huge guys coming in thinking they wil be great fighters or wrestlers because they won a few local strongmen competitions, but after a few rounds with some of my guys they are like putty after 5 minutes :thumbs:

Thats why I dont bother lifting heavy anymore, plyometrics for me is the way forward B) But of course none of this counts unless you have the correct nutrition to back it up. Just started mine, no more KFC for a while :cry::byebye: but I will be having the carvary at thewales meet so martinmac back of me spuds :boxing::lol:

lol you are 100% right technique has to be spot on for safety purposes, but thats part of the test doing each exercise correctly yet trying to do it within 20mins.

I always get huge guys coming in thinking they wil be great fighters or wrestlers because they won a few local strongmen competitions, but after a few rounds with some of my guys they are like putty after 5 minutes :thumbs:

Thats why I dont bother lifting heavy anymore, plyometrics for me is the way forward B) But of course none of this counts unless you have the correct nutrition to back it up. Just started mine, no more KFC for a while :cry::byebye: but I will be having the carvary at thewales meet so martinmac back of me spuds :boxing::lol:

Huge guys always used to be funny in TKD, you just run round them kicking them while they struggle to turn as quick as you :lol::lol:

I find that supprising, I would have thought that strength training would still hold some use in MMA. Grappling etc requires this kind of strength which I dont think you'd get from polymetrics, thats more for explosive power and endurance. I think you need a balance of it all and thats where the key lies. The 300 workout(s) have all elements and never too much of one which is what makes them good. I would say in that routine you posted that its more heavily weighted to polymetrics but there is still strength training in there with the lifts and pull ups.

Anyway, you'd batter me and thats what counts so keep doing what you're doing :thumbs::lol: (better dig out my bo-staff and nunchaku :blush: )

Jay do you take any protein shakes or suppliments? I could do with a wee but of inside knowledge in this area :thumbs: Cheers my bruva from anotha mutha :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

Yeh done quite a bit of research and found one of the best places to get it from is:

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/

They dont put in the crap that the american brands like metrx and that use :yuck: Its pure whey, get it in the bag its cheaper get without flavour and just whisk fresh strawberries with it. As always taught the thinner the skin is on the fruit the better as it gets more exposure to the sun. Their flap jack protein bars are absolutely munch 20grams protein per bar. Just stocked up for this diet Im on. Also get some amino acid tablets and omega 3 fish oils have 6 tabs 1000mg

Also I get this from the states:

mainBanner.jpg

I find so hard to get my daily portion of fruit and veg that one scoop of this stuff suffices it, plus it helps alkaline your body which is how Randy Coutour can do what he does at his age :thumbs:

What do I do to make me thin???? Not really got time for a gym or anything at the moment! :blush::blush:

lol Jay could help you on this, but ill give it a go. Problem with places like weight watchers and that is that whilst their methods may work, they dont leave you feeling good about your self as body composition is still left undesirable. What Id suggest is eat a meal the size of your hand every 2 hours, basically this will get your metabolism working harder, and take some caffein tablets but not after 6pm. Drink 4 glasses of cranberry juice drink plenty of water and stay clear of carbs after 3pm :thumbs:

If you can when at home 3 times a week go for a jog and do basic exercises like push ups and situp and stretching. Push up bars work wonders to your body composition :thumbs:

What do I do to make me thin???? Not really got time for a gym or anything at the moment! :blush::blush:

lol Jay could help you on this, but ill give it a go. Problem with places like weight watchers and that is that whilst their methods may work, they dont leave you feeling good about your self as body composition is still left undesirable. What Id suggest is eat a meal the size of your hand every 2 hours, basically this will get your metabolism working harder, and take some caffein tablets but not after 6pm. Drink 4 glasses of cranberry juice drink plenty of water and stay clear of carbs after 3pm :thumbs:

If you can when at home 3 times a week go for a jog and do basic exercises like push ups and situp and stretching. Push up bars work wonders to your body composition :thumbs:

Jay is spot on mate mate! Especially about the meals if you have smaller regular meals you will feel less hungry and also not snack! But as jay said its all about the metabolism working harder so the food isnt just laying there and makes it harder to break down. I find if you can drink as much water as possible the better, i kno it sounds obvious but it works as it flushes out all the nasty toxins etc! Lastly any excercise is great for you! If your not a keen runner dont worry about it a medium paced walk or even a little jog is just as good! If you start off with small changes i.e cut down on the crap gradually you will prob find a big difference. Sorry if i have just rambled lol.

Ok which one should i go for?

impact whey?

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/protein-powders/impact-whey-protein/

I take this one

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders ... y-protein/

and I also got these which are great 20g per bar:

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-max/protein-flapjacks/

general rule of thumb if you are building muscle or need to retain mass measure your weight in lbs then match that in grams in protein then add extra 50-100grams, thats what I do.

I.e

if you are 200lbs then 200grams plus if you can an extra 50-100

but careful as you dont want your body to become to acidic so alkaline your body with plenty of veg, water and fruit which will help you to stay lean :thumbs:

Cool ive cut most of my carbs out, only small amounts of bread for breakfast if at all, no potatoes or pasta. I just fill my plate with broccoli at tea time with some lean meat. Im not adding any salt to meals either, no booze or fast food at the moment too although i did have abit of kfc chicken on friday..:blush:

Im just trying to increase my distance running now for my 10k run and i think alittle protein could help out.

Im about 210lbs at the moment so how does that work out if a protein bar has 22gs of protein?

Cool ive cut most of my carbs out, only small amounts of bread for breakfast if at all, no potatoes or pasta. I just fill my plate with broccoli at tea time with some lean meat. Im not adding any salt to meals either, no booze or fast food at the moment too although i did have abit of kfc chicken on friday..:blush:

Im just trying to increase my distance running now for my 10k run and i think alittle protein could help out.

Im about 210lbs at the moment so how does that work out if a protein bar has 22gs of protein?

Thats my downfall mate the BOOZE :drunk: LOL