Product Recommendations please

Buckley

Hi all,

Sorry, its not a Z in the full regard, i bought a Subaru BRZ last weekend - loving it so far - not as quick but it does what i need it to do for work / school run / blast on a Sunday!

Its ready for a detail, it was immaculate when i picked itt up but i would like a go myself, so this is the plan on Sunday!!

Can anyone recommend a good polish and wax please?  It is the Subaru blue.  I used to use Dodo Juice blue velvet on my Azure a few years back when i had it but wondered if that would yield the same results (it looked good on the 350) or should i try something else?  With the 350 i used AutoGlym resin polish and ive still got plenty left in the shed at home, need to dig it out - would this be OK or should i go for something new?

Usual method of snow foam, two bucket wash, and rincse, then its time for the detailers - not many swirls but havent had full time to check with working away this week, a DA might come into play in a few months, these next few times will all be by hand.

Any products / tips / advice greatly appreciated and ill get some pictures up when my handy work is done this weekend  :)

Thanks,

Firstly, leave the AG SRP where it is. Don’t even waste the time to find it to throw it away. 

If you’re using wax, I’d suggest a nice oily glaze underneath rather than polishing by hand (different story when you’ve got a machine polisher though).

My recommendation would be AF Ultra Glaze or Poorboys Black Hole (because it smells better than White Diamond).

Blue Velvet will be fine and you’ll be hard pushed to tell the difference between waxes without being side by side, so if you’ve got it just use that.

Been in the shed and found the AutoGlym, but also stumbled across some Meguirs Ultimate Compound I’d forgotten I bought!

ill go for that instead.

Also found some Dodo Juice diamond white I bought for the old BMW still unopened - is it worth using that on the blue BRZ you think of will it look daft!?

The colour of the paint won't make any difference at all, so if you've got White Diamond then use that.

Colour-specific products are (predominantly) just marketing. Those that are "colour charged" (and there are a small hand full of waxes) are so minimal that you won't notice it at all unless used on a pristine white surface with multiple (i.e. >6) layers (https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=217518). I've never seen any glaze demonstrate any colour differences.

Also, now that you've found it, give the SRP to someone else. Preferably someone who doesn't care about their paintwork... or someone you just don't like. ;)

Cheers mate, appreciate the replies

ill go with Megs polish and the Diamond wax

let's see what I can do

is it strange I’ve been looking forward to it!?  Girlfriend has been ribbing me cos I was pestering to come home from a weekend away just to clean the car

Enjoy your cleaning session.

Maybe even post up some pics.

Just finished giving mine a wash........I know.....it's night time :lol:

I put some lights up and away I went:p

I envy you as I only managed a wash 

Amazing how waxing makes you feel like YOU are bonding with the car.

Ps don't forget pics;)