Wheels

MJH350

:lol::lol::lol: Mineral water only tho sarnie! jeez get it right :p

It was a serious answer. Water and only water. Most wheel cleaners are corrosive and will eat through the laquer. ;)

you'll not shift embedded brake dust etc with water Sarnie :lol:

no wonder your car always looked mucky :scare::lol:

If already clean I use an old wash mit and the some car shampoo (Megs gold class). This is if the wheels were done from new with something like PB wheel sealant.

If the wheels are minging then I'd use a normal wash, clay and then something more abrasive like wheen cleaner to get them to a good standard once, seal them and from then on wash as above :thumbs:

just use warm water and megs nxt car shampoo. Once a month apply some PB or similar wheel sealant on. Stay away from wonder wheels, too corrosive. Meguairs do some wheel cleaner which isn't corrosive but it's a tenner for a bottle and it doesn't last long

:lol::lol::lol: Mineral water only tho sarnie! jeez get it right :p

It was a serious answer. Water and only water. Most wheel cleaners are corrosive and will eat through the laquer. ;)

The man speaks sense. ALL wheel cleaners will be acid or alkali to some degree. I have used a range in the past, and wonder wheels was recommended by OZ to clean their wheels. And it stripped the finish off them a treat. IF you must use a wheel cleaner I recommend taking them off, doing it and making sure they are rinsed AND dried properly. Over time, just a bit of acid on wheels will strip them.

But once they are clean a sealant on top will mean water will clean them fine. I had a new set of Rays put on my car 6 months ago. They got 2 coats of JetSeal 109, and have been fully cleaned with water at least every two weeks since then, and they are corroding.