Leather treatment

SAFC99

No problem with my leather either but had considered trying a cleaner and conditioner at some point to moisturise and feed the leather - better to be proactive than reactive.

Would be interested to hear what people use - i see Meguairs, Autoglym and Zymol all offer cleaners and conditioners.

I have used autoglym leather cleaner and the leather conditioner on my last few cars and the leather has kept perfect. Especially with air con the leather can get very dry and you need to put the oils back into it - it's just dead skin after all. Use conditioner 3 times a year. Really quick. Just rub on and leave. Clean it first with cleaner if necessary. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks :) sounds like when you read the bottle it stays wet a while Going to get on with it this weekend.

The hair dryer trick works a treat, most detailers use it, it opens the pores in the leather and makes it softer, so its easier to work with

an old towel works well to buff with :thumbs:

I love all the Turbo Wax products. For leather I use LVR awesome stuff and really keeps the leather nice and supple, and as a bonus it is highly effective on rubber and plastic too leaving all the surfaces protected against the ravages of UV, and supple and with a soft sheen that can be built up if you so wish with a few layers in one sitting. It's really saying a product is good, if it lasts & works under the extremely harsh Kiwi sunshine and it sure does that.

I apply with a micro-fibre cloth, no rubbing off required as it will just soak in.

http://www.turbowax.com/cat/leather-care/

Thanks :) sounds like when you read the bottle it stays wet a while Going to get on with it this weekend.

The hair dryer trick works a treat, most detailers use it, it opens the pores in the leather and makes it softer, so its easier to work with

an old towel works well to buff with :thumbs:

Or a pair of hallogens on a work stand. Seen them used on DetailersWorld before. Just dont get them too close ;)

• 4 months later...
always used autoglyms leather treatment. Do the sofa with it to B)

Just bought some of this. I notice the centre parts of the seats are perforated. Does this cause a problem with the cleanser blocking up the holes and remaining visible or does it all get absorbed into the leather?

Cheers

always used autoglyms leather treatment. Do the sofa with it to B)

Just bought some of this. I notice the centre parts of the seats are perforated. Does this cause a problem with the cleanser blocking up the holes and remaining visible or does it all get absorbed into the leather?

Cheers

My advice is to put the product on the bolsters first, then use what remains in the cloth to do the perforated bits. Don't apply too much pressure when doing the perforated bit and do it a couple of times - then you shouldn't end up with product in the holes ;)