LED rear OEM lights - group buy

shire350Z

Been reading this with interest but getting a little confused. I’ve seen the Holdcroft lights on ebay for £229.99 + £8.99 delivery.

Since they give members a 20% discount I assume the total delivered cost will be £229.99 – 20% = £183.99 + £8.99 = £ 192.98. Why pay £240?

Or am I missing something

:huh:

I share your confusion - it was a while ago :blush: but I paid £199 for my rear lights from Holdcroft just after the MY06 came out and I can't fathom why they are now seemingly MORE expensive :wacko: they should be cheaper :dry:

And the last time Holdcrofts had a run on these they did them for £176.99, i know because i was one of those that had some. :thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... ear+lights

B)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been reading this with interest but getting a little confused. I’ve seen the Holdcroft lights on ebay for £229.99 + £8.99 delivery.

Since they give members a 20% discount I assume the total delivered cost will be £229.99 – 20% = £183.99 + £8.99 = £ 192.98. Why pay £240?

Or am I missing something

:huh:

Hi guys, just to clerify.

These lamps now sell at the dealers for £217.92 each.......YES EACH...........Please feel free to check this out at your local Nissan Dealer.

These are Genuine U.K. Nissan LED's and fit all models from 2003 up with no wiring or block modifications.

They are totally plug and play @ £240 delivered for a set.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alex

Not sure, but this is almost a favour to Zed car owners and giving you the chance to rid the world of nasty Mk1 tail lights!!

Nissan and Alex do genuine UK spec LED's, the rest seem to be imports and need modifications.

If it was me I would buy off Alex (even though it may be a couple more quid) as hes known in the world of Zed and did this last time as a favour... For anyone that dosnt read the OC forum will know what this guy dosnt know about Zeds is not worth knowing, and if you havnt seen his new rocket ship then you should. Its 500bhp+ of pure racing power...

Guest prescience
Not sure, but this is almost a favour to Zed car owners and giving you the chance to rid the world of nasty Mk1 tail lights!!

Nissan and Alex do genuine UK spec LED's, the rest seem to be imports and need modifications.

If it was me I would buy off Alex (even though it may be a couple more quid) as hes known in the world of Zed and did this last time as a favour... For anyone that dosnt read the OC forum will know what this guy dosnt know about Zeds is not worth knowing, and if you havnt seen his new rocket ship then you should. Its 500bhp+ of pure racing power...

This is all fair comment :teeth: and some people prefer to have the 'genuine article' but it is also fair to say that the 'rest' as you describe them require only minor modification - at most the ability to wire an electrical junction connector, at least the ability to use a Stanley knife and IF there was a significant price differential (as there used to be - see above) then some people might prefer that :teeth:

Just got off the phone to Steve at Holdcroft ref the rear lights. Their quoted price for the pair is £237.64 incl of vat and delivery. Apparently there taking 35% off as the usual retail price would be £361.82. He confirmed that they are Nissan originals and that a small amount of plastic has to be cut from the connecting plug. Didn’t get into group buys as Shire 350Z is going down that route. :wacko:

spoke with holdcroft best they could do is £235 and thats posting to one address so rubbish they say theres are genuine UK its just that our cars being pre MY06 need the slight nick of plastic out so take it alex is doing this before sending them out!!!

so sorry guys but best off going with alex as he's one of us anyways :thumbs:

yeah holdcrofts are but they say because ours is a pre MY06 the wiring is slightly different so doesnt matter where you get them from its how the block is on the wiring loom

Totally plug and play from the factory.

No cutting or soldering required.

Fit 2003 up.

JDM or U.K. models.

yeah holdcrofts are but they say because ours is a pre MY06 the wiring is slightly different so doesnt matter where you get them from its how the block is on the wiring loom

Sorry mate, But the guy is talking utter bollocks..... there hasnt been a change on the UK block between when the cars first came to the uk and the last one that arrived off the boat yesterday. Neither has there been a change on the UK block on the light fitting.

The fact is that the US cars have a different block.

I think the JDM cars are the same as UK but they could be the same as the US. I dont know on that one.

Nissan would only have 2 blocks, one for US and one for everywhere else. It wouldnt make sense for them to have loads of different options....

Thats why Holdcrofts are 1/2 the price of the UK retail, and why Alex is doing his at no profit cause this is what Nissan dealers pay in the UK

Sorry mate, But the guy is talking utter bollocks..... there hasnt been a change on the UK block between when the cars first came to the uk and the last one that arrived off the boat yesterday. Neither has there been a change on the UK block on the light fitting.

The fact is that the US cars have a different block.

I think the JDM cars are the same as UK but they could be the same as the US. I dont know on that one.

Nissan would only have 2 blocks, one for US and one for everywhere else. It wouldnt make sense for them to have loads of different options....

Thats why Holdcrofts are 1/2 the price of the UK retail, and why Alex is doing his at no profit cause this is what Nissan dealers pay in the UK

So why then did my plug not fit to the Holdcroft supplied led cluster i had from them? A piece of plastic had to be shaved of the plug, unless these were US clusters?

Any how must not complain at £176.99 for the pair :p

DSC_0150.jpg

Hey, slow down guys.

First batch of Led's now sold out. :clap:

Another batch on order from Nissan with an eta of around two weeks.

They are coming on a normal stock order because if I ordered by VOR then we would loose the discount.

I am now taking prepaid orders for the next batch, so if you want to be gauranteed a set from the next batch, best to get your order in now.

If anybody is unclear of the above then do not hesitate to give me a ring on 01738 787 579

Cheers,

Alex

Quick update guys.

LED's despatched today to:

Shire 350z

Dicky

CS

Expect delivery tomoz guys, remember, signature will be required.

Now taking prepaid orders for the next batch, so any body wanting in on this should get in touch asap so that you do not miss out.

Cheers,

Alex.