Bearing race removal

evilscorp

So I stupidly bought new bearings that don't have hubs for the 200sx and have removed one old one (bearing was fine, just wasting money, wont do the otherside as its a PIA).

But the race is still stuck to the hub, ideally I would like to save it but it's looking unlikely, anyone got any tips? I have one of those bearing clamps but its cheap chineseium and isn't large enough to fully slide under without bending up the edges of the race.

56481855_10161702657870441_8002727135737

56558671_10161702658170441_1023831581011

There is a slight gap that i tried to chisel but it's not for budging.

Heat - that's what I did anyway - I have oxy acetylene though not sure a blow torch would do it - heat it then run a chisel round the lip and it should give, failing that I have cut one off with an air powered cut off tool - think big dremel but it's hard to not mark the shaft.

tools.jpg.3bad60edb0bd4ecbadbbdf12b8b1a74e.jpg

Good luck :thumbs:

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 2

Knock out the ball bearing part squarely and a little bit at a time, with a large drift and a heavy hammer.

The inner part which is on the sleeve, as Keyser has said, heat up quickly until red hot with a 25 oxy/acet. nozzle and it should just fall off with a little help of a thin chisel on the inner lip.