Jump to content
JoeK

350z Hydro Install

Recommended Posts

I know there are a couple of threads already existing online for this but there not very clear so I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. Im going to be mounting my hydro in the next week or two, something I'm a bit uncertain about though is the plumbing of the brake lines. I know on these cars its not as simple as just tapping into the rear brake lines. 

I haven't got the budget for a dual calliper set up unless someone is willing to donate 2 callipers and I can then just buy the brackets ;). So as I understand it I have two options, I can either utilise the lines behind the drivers front wheel arch lining or I can tap into the abs module and swap over the lines but this gets rid of the ABS. 

On either option I am not particularly sure what lines I need to T into or what I need to swap round. I have found one thread on each but they don't go into too much detail.


Can anyone offer some help please?

 

Disclaimer* I am self taught, I am very much still learning and I will more than likely say or ask something silly/simple. Sorry in advance!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would honestly wait and save for a dual caliper kit the one from enjuku allows a non brembo caliper to be used as the spare can be picked up quite cheap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, StevoD said:

i would honestly wait and save for a dual caliper kit the one from enjuku allows a non brembo caliper to be used as the spare can be picked up quite cheap

After the brackets though and the callipers etc it's knocking on £600 with the hydro included. Id rather put that money towards angle mods and an oil cooler. This is my first drift build  so I don't want to destroy the wallet anymore than I already have 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoeK said:

After the brackets though and the callipers etc it's knocking on £600 with the hydro included. Id rather put that money towards angle mods and an oil cooler. This is my first drift build  so I don't want to destroy the wallet anymore than I already have 

If its your first drift car you don't need angle mods 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if your going into drifting thinking £600 is expensive oh boy :lol:

 

My average day can cost over that now 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your average drift day now costs you peanuts as all you do is watch other people do it :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/01/2019 at 13:58, StevoD said:

And if your going into drifting thinking £600 is expensive oh boy :lol:

 

My average day can cost over that now 

£600 for the hydro is a lot when it can be done for £150.

When I say angle mods, I'll start out with the rack spacers but eventually yh I will be looking at a full angle kit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JoeK said:

£600 for the hydro is a lot when it can be done for £150.

When I say angle mods, I'll start out with the rack spacers but eventually yh I will be looking at a full angle kit

@docwra would be a good person to talk to 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lock mods arent a bad idea on a 350Z IMO, rack spacers are cheap and work well. Wisefab and similar is pointless unless you are competing, FWIW I drifted up to comp standard for years and never had a Hydro fitted in anything, most of the time I didnt have a working handbrake at all. 

My advice - get a 350Z and do nothing to it. Learn how to drift it and upgrade stuff as you feel you need it, for me a seat is more important than lock of hydros, coilovers are more important than power or diffs. The guys at the top of BDC, IDC etc these days are the same people I started drifting with 10 years ago in Volvo 340's with welded diffs and E36 BMWs on cut springs with no wand, theres a reason they are on top of their game now ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, docwra said:

Lock mods arent a bad idea on a 350Z IMO, rack spacers are cheap and work well. Wisefab and similar is pointless unless you are competing, FWIW I drifted up to comp standard for years and never had a Hydro fitted in anything, most of the time I didnt have a working handbrake at all. 

My advice - get a 350Z and do nothing to it. Learn how to drift it and upgrade stuff as you feel you need it, for me a seat is more important than lock of hydros, coilovers are more important than power or diffs. The guys at the top of BDC, IDC etc these days are the same people I started drifting with 10 years ago in Volvo 340's with welded diffs and E36 BMWs on cut springs with no wand, theres a reason they are on top of their game now ;)

Thanks for the advice, ive got a bit of drifting experience from academy days but now i want to do it in my own car, ive already brought the hydro and it didnt cost a great deal, which is why i wanted to try and plumb it without a dual caliper because then i can still keep the costs down. Apart from that, im going seats, welded diff, coilovers and some camber arms so i can get some sort of alignment. That and a steering wheel and i dont want to do much more until i get some seat time. Then i'll look at rack spacers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually found the 350 LSD pretty decent TBH, if youve already got the car give a go before getting the welder out :thumbs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×