Anyone tried these? (Cheap backbox)

blazemaguire

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-STAINLESS-STEEL-NISSAN-350Z-INFINTY-G35-EXHAUST-SYSTEM/310236555977?fits=Model%3A350+Z&epid=1745957046&hash=item483b8a2ac9:g:U6QAAOxy~iJQ9rth

Ok, before I get flamed for being Cheap.  I'm a teacher with 2 kids under 5, who's barely hanging onto his 350z  (Wife would  love me to sell it and fund another sprog)   so leave off on the expensive recomendations.

My Backbox failed about 3 years back in the normal place, I patched and repaired it, and it's failed on it's MOT this year (as a 'major fail' apparently..)

I need to replace it to keep me on the road, as it's a daily driver and can barely afford the above at the moment.     I know it's cheap, but has anyone brought one? can anyone reccomend?

I'm not fussed about how it sounds as such, though would be happier if it was quieter, rather than crazy loud (god I'm getting old...)

Other than that, there's a guy selling a complete, used Japspeed K4 system for similar money on ebay right now.    (I know these don't get a great rep either, but I also had advisories on the 'flexy pipes' being corroded, so thought doing the whole system might be better.

Any advice for a poor man  (and don't say sell the 350z...  That's not an option)

On 02/10/2018 at 16:10, andybp said:

I've been using one for about 6 yrs on and off it's a bit tinny and raspy not a perfect fit but near enough no rust so far. good for the money

:)

In that case, mine is getting ready for a change. I'll probably get one too :)

OK. Just finished fitting. The box materials and welding/finish are ace, but the exhaust hangers are not lined up very well. I had to remove the plastic cover on the diff as it was fouling it, and I can only get two of the 3 back box hangers to go on and have the exhaust peices still Bolt together.  Good product but whoever welds the hangers on is useless.  Sounds OK to my ears as well. Not been out yet though, as currently it doesn't have an MOT. I think all in, for the money, it's good. But not a nice fit. And mating to the existing y pipe is a pig as the OEM pipe has studs welded into it rather than through bolts. These were rusted and had to be cut off with a grinder and drilled out. This is what took most of the time.  Also fit is a bit skewed when viewed from the back. It'll keep me on the road, but not the best.  Was well packaged though. A shame. 10 mins of quality control checking on the mounting brackets and it would be a top bargain.  If it had an acetylene torch I'd have a go at bending the brackets... But I don't.

15389094714202869949004734155220.jpg

1538909513742538583594673741422.jpg

15389095285826791088806809598598.jpg

15389095492547708843949292284371.jpg

Edited by blazemaguire

Yeah. I'll give that a go at some point...  but had to fit an exhaust to my mates Mazda 3 today as well... owed him a favour.  I am done with doing exhausts on a driveway!  what a ball ache.  still, saved me some money at least.  The 350 will stay for a while longer!