Opinions please...

Dan

Dan, I would say that if your reputation preceeds you in the area then the image of the plot would be a secondary concern for many customers.

With the correct renovation, some of the converted garages can actually look very professional, and you retain the benefits of a lower cost plot.

You are in business to make money, and if the current rent/rates make that impossible at the current plot, the only option is to elect another plot. Its just deciding if the plot is appropriate location and size to continue the current level of trading.

On a side note, I know its not a massive ammount in the grand scheme of things, but as an energy broker I may well be able to help on the electricity costs for you. There are several factors that can affect your price on electricty and many are unknown to consumers, and the suppliers wont tell you either. Drop me a PM if you want some free assistance in that area.

Thanks to all who responded.

A decision has been made, I signed the lease for the new premises today.

Barring any unforseen events I expect to have the keys within a week or so and then start my renovations. I expect this to take a month or six weeks, and then I'll move lock stock and 70 bleedin cars which will be a fun couple of days driving :teeth:

What swung it was the option to buy at an affordable level, I could never buy this place where I am now. In 12 months I ought to have banked a 30% deposit for the place and should be in a position to buy.

The Glen is dead, long live The Glen !!!

Personally, it doesnt matter to me as long as i feel confident in the person selling me the car and it all checks out.

However, you can make a petrol station into a nice site with a bit of paint and plaster, few pot plants and a few other things. Any property can be restored and made to look amazing.

Dan, let me know if you get in a Z4 coupe ;)

Well since I STILL have the Z4 M Roadster ( and still love it ) I won't be buying one anytime soon B)

And yes, for those who remember, it was sold once. The buyer failed to take delivery. However I had a very nice medium rare fillet and a bottle of red on his £100 deposit :p

Large pictures on the web : www.TheGlenOnline.co.uk

Best of luck Dan.

My opinion is that the way you treat people makes the sale.

An example. A mate of mine has been hunting high and low for a Galaxy (he has 5 kids). He used the Autotrader site and kept phoning places up and getting messed about as he'd turn up and they'd have gone. He did say they were really hard to get as they sell fast (there you go Dan...buy diesel people carriers) Anyway he phoned a garage in Newcastle (175 miles away) that had one.

Anyway...

The fella says, sorry we're not open on Sundays

My mate says, I was thinking of travelling down with the kids to have a look

So basically the guys gives my pal his mobile number and says call me when your near Newcastle. Car test driven and bought, kids given juice and crisps etc...

My mate says, it was the guys attitude and knowledge that made the sale... he never knew what the place looked like before he got there.

Yeah good luck Dan, I hope everything goes well with it. From what i know of you i cant see it failing as others have said, its the salesmans attitude that has more of an effect on whether people buy or not.

Im sure your looking forward to it, so whens the open day :teeth:

• 4 weeks later...
I'm assuming Dan, that you have actually moved premises now?

Spied this on autotrader:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... x_mileage=

Looks like the one you have/had but under a different company name? :)

Are you still looking at Z4M's?

Dan - im not a fan of the roadster but the coupe is B) and possibly when things are sorted will be looking for just a standard z4 coupe. Will let you know :thumbs: