HID Road Legal Headlights UK Supplier?

Dal123

Does anyone know of a UK supplier for road legal Xenon headlights? I want new electrics really as I saw the innards of my headlights the other week and I'm amazed the PCB's still working.

Looking around it seems Spyder are market leaders for the 350Z. I'm very happy with my stock lights however they're a bit water damaged, on their last legs and I'm starting to do my research to see what's available. I would buy stock again but £1k each is a bit too much to justify on a £4k car.

There seems to be a common misconception (from what I've read online) is that 2006 is the model which has HID Xenons. However my model is a 2005 & it's always had HID lights. Probably something to do with October 2005 or something as the workshop manual provides a separate manual for October 2005 onward so I think that's got something to do with it. Has anyone else noticed this or do I have the only stock Z with HIDs on a 2005 model?

EDIT: I'd prefer HIDs as I have a 2 lots of full sets of HID bulbs; around £200ish that I'd like to make use of and not waste.

Edited by Dal123

Thanks guys, well I was hesitant to go for aftermarket headlights, and now I'm definitely not going to. I'll have to keep an eye out for some decent second hand ones (again) on eBay.

Ekona I'm not sure bud, on the tachometer it approaches the redline at 6,500 rpms and stops counting at 8,000. I've never been in another 350Z so I'm unable to say whether it's the nice interior or not. It doesn't have the slidey tray to reach the cubby behind the handbrake like in the 06 models I've seen in the showroom.

Thanks again for your input chaps.

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

so I’m totally in the dark ( ;) ) as to why all pre-facelift owners moan about their crappy lights now :lol: 

Think the pre-facelifts have HID low beam but halogen high beam, whereas face-lift has HIDs for both? 

• Like 1