Anyone bought a sofa from DFS?

Digsy

I cant remember if it was DFS or one of the other big named shops but - hunt around BBC watchdogs site - one of them had gone bust - took everyones money never delivered the goods and opened again under a new name!!

Dont hand over all the cash up front!

B*****rds!

Be careful - :)

Try ILVA in Manchester they have some top sofas and reasonably priced - got my eye on 2 leather numbers but since I got a Zed the money is'nt there for them - Doh!! :wacko:

http://www.ilva.co.uk/

I went into DFS last weekend looking for a simple black leather three-seat sofa, and they had absolutely bugger all (both in terms of anything nice or anything not silly money). Popped into ScS and picked up a gorgeous one with two power recliners either end for £1650, and that with their 'pop a hole in the leather and we'll replace the whole sofa' guarantee thing. Hopefully it should come in about 8-10 weeks.

Can't wait! :yahoo:

I went into DFS last weekend looking for a simple black leather three-seat sofa, and they had absolutely bugger all (both in terms of anything nice or anything not silly money). Popped into ScS and picked up a gorgeous one with two power recliners either end for £1650, and that with their 'pop a hole in the leather and we'll replace the whole sofa' guarantee thing. Hopefully it should come in about 8-10 weeks.

Can't wait! :yahoo:

+1 - dfs had a bad collection compared to scs, and all the seats were tiny. scs do the same deals with finance, are reasonably pricedas well and the selection of sofas suited us better. worth a look :thumbs:

and that with their 'pop a hole in the leather and we'll replace the whole sofa' guarantee thing.

and just for your info, if it does get damaged, when you ring up tell them the damage has only just happened. any delay at all and they won't repair it. was told that by a repairman who sorted mine out :thumbs:

DFS, Sofas,price of sheets.... whats next Digsy,,, do you think these curtains match your undercrackers....

I don't know,,, I log onto this site for quality debates about the ultimate driving machine and now we are banging on about sofas like a load of mad middle aged boilers....

Someone post up a thread about a big exhaust or something quick before I lose faith....

:teeth::blush:

DFS, Sofas,price of sheets.... whats next Digsy,,, do you think these curtains match your undercrackers....

I don't know,,, I log onto this site for quality debates about the ultimate driving machine and now we are banging on about sofas like a load of mad middle aged boilers....

Someone post up a thread about a big exhaust or something quick before I lose faith....

:teeth::blush:

I'm going to start a debate on hair products and then you'll really be buggered! ;):p:lol:

and that with their 'pop a hole in the leather and we'll replace the whole sofa' guarantee thing.

and just for your info, if it does get damaged, when you ring up tell them the damage has only just happened. any delay at all and they won't repair it. was told that by a repairman who sorted mine out :thumbs:

Now that's handy to know, thanks!

Only ever heard of it referred to a Dodgy Furniture Shop or Doesn't F'ing Sell......

Just bought two new sofas and found them to be expensive. Yes you can pay over 6300 months for £3 a month, but the actual price I found expensive. Sofa Sofa for me, gf reckons it's where a lot of the home guides say to go.

Digsy I bought a cream leather sofa from DFS in 2001. They are of poor quality in my opinion and it won't last as long as a better quality one so it's a false economy really.

However it's ideal for someone who can't afford a beter one at that moment so it serves it's purpose really.

I also use Sofa sofa - they send you the sofas direct from the factory which cuts out the middle man therefore the prices are great. If you don't like it you have 2 weeks to decide and they will come and take it back free of charge. 2 year guarantee. I bought my first sofa from them in 1997 and it has lasted all this time! I am about to take delivery from them again. Can't fault them. They have a great website if you google them.

Normally I'd be a bit snobby about this but with money being tight for a while this might be the best place to get a sofa. Anyone got any feedback on them, good or bad?

I'd go to CSL. http://www.csl-sofas.com/ Better quality frames with structural guarantee. Same finance deal and also some good designs. Used to do DFS ads and know how much they are touch up for the telly. CSL's aren't touched up for the telly ;)

I also work on other furniture retailers but regard CSL as the best.

someone else to consider is

http://www.saxonleather.co.uk/leather-f ... ttees.aspx

it's all made in the NW and not imported from China. You can even pick the leather hide before the sofa is made. Smaller collection though

I also use Sofa sofa - they send you the sofas direct from the factory which cuts out the middle man therefore the prices are great. If you don't like it you have 2 weeks to decide and they will come and take it back free of charge. 2 year guarantee. I bought my first sofa from them in 1997 and it has lasted all this time! I am about to take delivery from them again. Can't fault them. They have a great website if you google them.

Only fault I found is they are really picky on how you pay them. Either upfront in full, or deposit and then CASH on collection. I wasn't happy giving the cash to van drivers..... :blush:

I know what you mean but they've changed that now. You can use normal methods i.e cards etc or pay on line. They also offer credit now and interest free on a selected range. :thumbs:

4 weeks ago they didn't, I had a right :rant:

:lol:

They said I couldn't do that because I'd paid a deposit. If they've fixed it, great. Just check. ;)