Viewing my first Z tomorrow.....any advice?

funkymofo

Hi all, I am going to see a Z tomorrow! :yahoo:

Details are as follows:

2004 GT, 52500 Miles, Gun metal.

ABS, Air conditioning, Alarm, Central locking, Ray alloy wheels, Heated leather seats, 12 months mot, 6 months tax and just had service, well looked after. NO canvassers. £15,995.

I personally think that price is quite high, what would people advise it is worth? Do all GT's come with bose speakers? Would the service that has been done be likely to be the big one (P3 is it?)

Also, just general buying advice would be great....unfortunately I dont think my insurance will cover me so may have to make do with being driven around in it or getting my old man to test drive it :wacko:

thanks in advance, Rik.

hi Rik, ar eyou buying it trade or private ? trade sounds about rights but definetly a bit much for private

all GT's come with bose , which i like but other dont ??

the p3 service should be done at 36,000 so it should have had that plus another service after that if its done over 50k ( i think )

also Big Phil is the main man around here for all your parts and others queries.....best british parts supplier that i've come across..top man :thumbs:

thanks, the above one is private...... I'm really only viewing it because its the nearest one to me with the spec that I want. If he is willing to play ball with the price by more than a little then I may go for it, we shall see!

I have always liked the bose stereo that is in my old mans audi, plus its just one less thing to think about upgrading etc!

I was debating it bumrush, have seen one I liked for under 13k actually...I know its silly but I dont like the square rear numberplate and cba with the hassle of chaning the rear bumper etc.

Only really want tints,nice set of wheels, maybe exhaust and some minor engine mods so GT spec would suit me, suppose and imported ST would too though in that case.

I was debating it bumrush, have seen one I liked for under 13k actually...I know its silly but I dont like the square rear numberplate and cba with the hassle of chaning the rear bumper etc.

Only really want tints,nice set of wheels, maybe exhaust and some minor engine mods so GT spec would suit me, suppose and imported ST would too though in that case.

the st would have it too and you can pick up a rear bumper from about 100 quid if you dont like square fudge packer :p:lol:

I think maybe you should look at this car and see what £15995 buys you.

Here are some other examples.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/434197.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/433508.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/426474.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/406545.htm

So for what you are paying you should be looking at something with about 30-40thou miles.

Mines an 04 and done 37000.

But hey its your money and if you think its the right one for you do it :thumbs:

ye I agree, this one just happened to be the one nearest to me so thought it was worth a look at least.

I went today, it looked a good example and was in great nick.

I initially offered £14k but ended up walking away to think about 15.

There are plenty about however, so I'm not rushing into anything.

The fourth one down you have shown is next on my viewing list hopefully, I phoned them the other day but got no reply.

That would be like going after the big unit in a nite club instead of the babe with the huge norkage...

Translation please :dry:

Roughly translated as:

Why, when frequenting a night club, would I try to attract the attention of the fat bird when there are females available with attractive features and generous bust lines? :teeth:B)

bumrush? :boxing:

funkygaymo

he started it :p

LM(Virgin)AO :lol:

who you kidding Digsy, we all know that aint true :lol::p

Funkygit Id seriously think about a jap import dude, especially later if you wanna mod the engine uk ones are a nightmare to map :dry:

That would be like going after the big unit in a nite club instead of the babe with the huge norkage...

Translation please :dry:

Roughly translated as:

Why, when frequenting a night club, would I try to attract the attention of the fat bird when there are females available with attractive features and generous bust lines? :teeth:B)

Arhaaa I see now :thumbs:

well the guy phoned today to say he was willing to come down to £15k.....still not over the moon about that so I will have to have a think, it was tidy and he did seem to be a genuine guy who cared for the car - which counts for alot IMO.

The only thing with jap imports is alot of them seem to be a bit erm......untidy, as in pings and bumps all over the place and scruffy interior etc.

Thats not to say they are all like that obviously, but if I'm honest if I can get a UK GT at what I consider to be a good price then I will go for that.

At 21, insurance is also an issue and imports arent as kind in that department.

Going to view another one later in the week so fingers crossed I might have one on the drive by the weekend :yahoo:

well the guy phoned today to say he was willing to come down to £15k.....still not over the moon about that so I will have to have a think, it was tidy and he did seem to be a genuine guy who cared for the car - which counts for alot IMO.

The only thing with jap imports is alot of them seem to be a bit erm......untidy, as in pings and bumps all over the place and scruffy interior etc.

Thats not to say they are all like that obviously, but if I'm honest if I can get a UK GT at what I consider to be a good price then I will go for that.

At 21, insurance is also an issue and imports arent as kind in that department.

Going to view another one later in the week so fingers crossed I might have one on the drive by the weekend :yahoo:

Have to say mate i am 21 and the insurance was basically the same for a uk model or a JDM. Just make sure and shop about!

Well I went for the one I first posted about, paid £15k for it in the end......pick it up tuesday if the bank do their jobs properly!

Probably could of got a better deal but my temporary insurance on my old mans car runs out tuesday so didnt have a fat lot of time. Its clean and tidy and in the exact spc I wanted anyway so I'm not fussed........just feckin excited!

Well I went for the one I first posted about, paid £15k for it in the end......pick it up tuesday if the bank do their jobs properly!

Probably could of got a better deal but my temporary insurance on my old mans car runs out tuesday so didnt have a fat lot of time. Its clean and tidy and in the exact spc I wanted anyway so I'm not fussed........just feckin excited!

congrats mate, now get yo ass down to the wales meet :thumbs: