When to remap / which map?

Foo56

Hi all,

I'm still early days on this modding jazz so hoping for some advice...

I've currently got sports cats and manifolds waiting to go on in next few weeks - As soon as they are I'm getting a custom exhaust. Other than PiperX panel filters, it's stock engine but I'd like to get a new SM Flywheel (or potentially replace all clutch with a yet to be decided (probably JWT) kit.

My question is (as I know it's a learning ECU) would I be best to wait until after the clutch upgrade to get a remap or would I get no further gains and may as well just go after the exhaust? What I'm trying to avoid is getting it done after the exhaust, then doing clutch and having to revisit the map to get the most gains.

Also - My garage do the s-tune map but recommended if I want the most out of my car, to get a Link ECU. I'm a ways off spending that much on a whole new ECU yet but I've not heard much around the s-tune map. Does any one have any experience with it? I know general consensus is to go to Horsham or Abbeywood which is my original plan but just keen to understand any other options I've got. 

Any advice is much appreciated!

Cheers,

Ryan

Yea I know it doesn't add HP but didn't know if it would affect how much can squeeze out of or change how it's mapped.

Cheers - Once the 'zorst is on I'll get it booked in for RevUp... Can't wait!! :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

I got all the breather mods done, plenum spacer, art pipes, y pipe, exhaust etc etc. 

My car made 295 after these mods on one dyno and 288 i think on another...before uprev.

After uprev by Jez at Horsham Developments it made 302.

But its not all about hp. Torque is greatly improved and so it throttle response.

Next for me is an extreme fly/clutch set up from Clark Motorsport.

Give them a pm. Theyre always happy to offer some advice.