So...what's wrong with the 350Z?

My wife has one and to be fair they are easily accomodating me at 6' in the back. The big no-no is getting in the back when parked next to another car (say in a multi-storey) because you need to open BOTH doors wide to get in........not easy when some numbnuts has parked up tight.

Its a compromise coupe for people who (sometimes) need 4 seats and some accessability to the back. And its not any more economical than the Zed.

I heard the doors were a bit of a pain in car parks...did have a poke round one of the Evolve special editions the other day and was quite impressed overall, not sure about the odd handbrake and shiny black plastic trim mind.

After watching the Fifth Gear shootout (posted in video forum) I don't think I'm going to be able to resist the Z though.

Well, just been out in the RX8. Was a bit dissapointed. Engine sounded lively and interesting, but the lack of torque really showed. Just didn't have that sports car feel I was expecting. Brakes were awful, I'm a bit spoiled in that department coming from a BM but still, expected better, spongy and yuck. Comfy and decent interior, room in the back was adequate. Didn't leave me with a big grin on my face :( Definitely feels like the 'compromise coupe' someone mentioned earlier.

Off out in the 350 in an hour or so, crunch time, I'm expecting it to give that big smile I've been looking for :>

yeah mate, improved interior TO AN EXTENT! new switches and centre console really doesn't make THAT much of a difference imo! I think the RX8 interior is much much nicer than ours, even the 06 model tbh! In fact I prefer the old interior to the 06 one on the Z!

I was talking to guy who has owned an RX-8 so a couple of years. I test drove them both but didn't like the look of the Zed at the front, (each to there own I guess). He said the biggest disadvantage of the RX-8 was lack of torque at low revs.

I was talking to guy who has owned an RX-8 so a couple of years. I test drove them both but didn't like the look of the Zed at the front, (each to there own I guess). He said the biggest disadvantage of the RX-8 was lack of torque at low revs.

which is very true, and the hairdryer sound it makes :)

oh and a little anecdote: they have RX*s to rent @ Edinburgh Airport from National, one guy went to pick up his car and said to his mate, wish we got the RX8! and the guys behind the desk..... No mate you REALLY don't want one of those...... :lol: guess they haven't been champions of reliability there :)

There's an RX8 in my household that I've driven occasionally. It's OK, but, I find my current wheels (204 bhp, 302 lb ft)* are a far more entertaining drive in the real world. The RX8 bears no comparison to the thrill I've experienced test driving the Z. :D

*Ashamed to admit what, in this illustrious company of petrolheads - but yes, you've probably guessed, it ain't running on petrol and it has a Bavarian accent. :blush: