Z35 Confirmed

s1xtyn1n3

I'm guessing a lot of people have seen this, but I read in a number of places that Nissan has confirmed that they are working on the 370Z/Z34 successor that will be the sister model to the Infiniti Q60. 

Now the fun rumors:

* Called the Nissan 400Z

* Could be over 4.5M long, longer than the 4.2M of the 370Z

* Will have a 3.0L V6 with twin turbo

* Possible 4 wheel drive Nismo version

* Concept likely to be shown at TMS 2018 with production car at LA2019 and a UK release of 2020

Edited by s1xtyn1n3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So just an update to this guys.

I was at a Nissan High Performance Centre today looking at a Nismo 370Z. While looking at this I got told about a '400Z' being in the works by the manager. Bare in mind I had not mentioned the 400Z at all, I asked where he had heard this and if he had read this auto car article above, he said no and just mentioned that internally Nissan had been putting out information about the next Z car. He said as the next GTR is planning to move to hybrid electric / petrol they will be producing a Z car to fill the gap of where the GTR was, so there will be 2 versions of the next Z car with the high performance version putting out 464bhp. This is a few years away though he said.

Obviously plans can change etc, and sometimes managers information may or may not be correct, but either way found this interesting and thought you guys would find it interesting to know here.

Thanks

I'll believe it when I see it. By which I mean I'll never see it.

Put it this way, if the next GT-R goes further upmarket that'll push it into the £100K band. That means this high power version of the Z35 would need to fill the £60-80k segment, like the R35 did/does right now. Still interested? I'm not, not with an autobox and a V6.