Rear light taking on water

bens313

Hello! 

I did a brief search and couldn't find anything on this, apologies if there is already something.

I noticed the other day that my drivers side rear light cluster has about an inch of water sat in it. This was only condensation in about may last year. Is it worth taking the light unit apart, drying it out then trying to re-seal it or is it best to just buy a new cluster?

Cheers! :)

If you are hand with DIY - Why not give it a try? From what I know, you'll need to bake the whole cluster in an oven or heat gun (safer option) to remove the casing. Dry out everything needed, than apply new seal + heat gun/oven to reseal the cluster. Alternatively, which model do you have? You can upgrade to the newer LED rear cluster B) 

I found this happened to me many moons ago.

With mine the cause was the dealership taking off the cluster too harshly.

When you pull them out you got to resist temptation to yank one side to much which will cause them to flex and break the seal.

So carefully does it :thumbs:

Maybe mine are just unusually tight, but I got the same problem with my upgraded led clusters too!