Looking to buy a pressure washer....advice please

NismoDave

Hi guys, im looking to buy a pressure washer to clean the car and perhaps a few other bits and pieces round the house if its upto it, and im after advice on what to get, how much to pay and a heads up on any super special price deals that may be on at the minute :D

One of the guys i work with has just bought one from Lidls as one of its special deals which seems pretty powerful and a good price, but will it be any good for what i want ??.......

Left Click

Ive also not heard of the brand before, although it does come with 3years manufacturers warranty, whats your thoughts on the washer itself and its price??

I was orginally intending to go for a known brand like a Karcher, but im open to suggestions and advice.

So come on, hit me with all your knowledge and guidance on what pressure washer i should buy, how much i should pay, and where i should get it........thanks for you help ;)

at work we use a pressure washer on a daily basis , from years of experience we now buy the cheapest pressure washer we can find, (generally from B&Q) , they all seem to last about 18 months.. we did try the expensive Karcher ones at some point but these did just the same job and lasted no longer :)

ps the one we are using now cost £20 and is about 24 months old :thumbs:

i got a pro performance one......................... i good washer...

i use it for the patio and driveway............. :thumbs:

dont think i would use it on the zed.............. :scare:

You need to know how and with what :lol:

just make sure you get a vario lance or similar so you can adjust the pressure :thumbs:

IMAG0452.jpg

• 10 months later...

have been thinking the same as the first poster, have seen several deals for cheap pressure washers in halfrauds, is karcher worth using, especially if its a cheap one.

will defo be looking for vario lance, and possibly the ability of having a liquids tank for doing things like the snow foaming.

i think it would be a good buy as i made sure before winter hit i gave the car a real good wax and polish, i haven't cleaned her all winter as i want enough time to reaply a good wax and polish, i'm thinknig that although she is dirty the wax is acting as a good barrier. but when i clean her i don't want to go straight in with the wool mits cos she is so filthy it will scratch the paint.

so the aim is to spray off, snow foam, rinse and then clean. i don't mind cleanig but i'd rather someone else did it. but i do it myself as i don't trust anyone else with the paint work. my last car used to come back with scratches all the time so i do my own now. but i'm a fine weather cleaner and only once a month. :blush:

I have a Lavor as It's only for personal use. I have the foam lance etc and it''s a great piece of kit. Very nearly a year old (bought it just after the thread was created) and it's spot on.

I'd love a kranzle....

If your just after a snowfoam, I found a solution... After having a bit of a DOH! moment last week, I had to borrow my parents washer, which I thought was a karcher so on the way to buy it, I dropped into halfords to buy there foamer (its about £14) bought it, picked up the washer and realised it was a Clarke, and then found that Karcher parts dont fit other washers... should have realised DOH! Anyway, went back to halfords to check out the Karchers and found they do a hose link for their attachments, got home linked it up and it made decent foam... even from AG shampoo!

Will still wait for a deal to come along though on a decent PW...

I use one of our Stihl water blasters. They last for years, top quality equipment, not cheap :blush: , but worth it.

They are used a lot and for all sorts of things. We had some special attachments made especially for cleaning cars and trucks etc. Both came with the snow foam type attachments. They're both petrol powered not pansy electric. Already cleaned the cars very early this morning before it got scorching hot, so no pics.

http://www.stihl.com/