Zedding in the Highlands ***Now with pics***

Stew

I'm off to the Scottish Highlands tomorrow in the Zed. I'll have to ignore the East coast snow. According to the Met office it's ok on the West. Can anyone confirm this?

Anyway got some good driving planned and I'm using it as a recce for the Jockland Hoon later this year.

I can't wait! :yahoo:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well staying in Ulapool, Skye and Gairloch. 4 nights in total. Doing applecross etc.

Aberdeen isn't the highlands! Granted about 30 miles and it's the highlands but it's a metropolis! :lol:

London would have ground to a halt. I drove on a bottle this morning.... well it might have well of been. I had my mums CRV out for a run so took it home last night. I was doing full on four wheel drifts in on the way to drop it off at 6am! Nae good!

Oh yes. Was magic. Did 1140 miles from Tuesday to Saturday. The Zed was faultless, comfortable and I managed an average of 28.9 MPG! There was still some snow about but the roads were clear. I hammered around a few times but mostly just cruising. Took plenty pics but forgot my camera today! :blush:

I think we have to stick to the route posted, I might be able to make it a bit shorter though.... maybe! :wacko:

I'll get the pics up tomorrow or something. Can't remember exactly where I put the camera..... :headhurt: I'll find it though!

I would say it's well worth the trip up for anyone interested. I would be tempted to stay on a few extra days as my girlfriends uncle lives over that way and he wants to take me out in his loch boat and his sea boat!

I'll get the pics up tomorrow or something. Can't remember exactly where I put the camera..... :headhurt: I'll find it though!

I would say it's well worth the trip up for anyone interested. I would be tempted to stay on a few extra days as my girlfriends uncle lives over that way and he wants to take me out in his loch boat and his sea boat!

Any room ;) I like boats :teeth::lol:

I'm sure there would be! The boats are just wee but he likes fishing!

I've never been, I'm going for a laugh and hoping I get to drive the boat! :lol:

You will love it, its a fantastic place to have a boat, much better than the other side.

Still thinking about September Stew :D

Yep. We need all the caravans off the road. Well as many as possible. I think it's getting to be time to name a date.... I just need to check when I'm working. Whats your schedule for september?

Stew - you were really lucky with the weather. Some of my colleagues had some difficulties the day you set off, and the A9 was bad the following day, with snow gates closed etc. Looking forward to seeing your pics. :thumbs:

I know Jim. I set off from Aberdeen and it was snowing, went to Perth to pay for my motorbike, drove up the A9 and it was fine.

The weather really was way better than expected. It snowed as I drove over the Lecht on my way home.

The rest was decent!

I think I've left my camera in my car.... which is now in the bodyshop for a week.... I'll have a better look tonight though. My house is still in total chaos so if I put it down I'll find it in a month!

Cant wait for the pics Stew!

Its fab up there - we stay in Skye and Aultbie a lot.

Hey maybe a Zed Haggis safari in th'ills can be organised (or is there an annual run out up there already?) :blush:

Haggis are out of season in September :rant: Not getting fined for poaching. Never liked poached haggis ;)

I was on skye, first time I'm used the bridge! Haven't been there for years!

Haggis is out of season, I'm sure I can catch some with my net this month and freeze them though!

Big fines for Haggis poaching these days. Well Stan there will be a drive out this year. I will probably be September, more details will be released after Wales.

It'll be worth the trip!

`

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:25 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was on skye, first time I'm used the bridge! Haven't been there for years!

Haggis is out of season, I'm sure I can catch some with my net this month and freeze them though!

Big fines for Haggis poaching these days. Well Stan there will be a drive out this year. I will probably be September, more details will be released after Wales.

It'll be worth the trip!

I love it up there - Skye bridge was fun in a tall Pathfinder last few times - I dont like heights!! :scare:

We have the same rules about poaching Black puddings - but the damn things run across the fields and in front of your car so you have to be careful !

There nothing like the taste of freshly poached Haggis though :teeth:

September eh - hmm will have to put some time aside for that :thumbs: -

Top stuff cant wait. Scotland here we come ......