Dent and Alloy insurance

Toon Chris

I'm thinking of taking out both dent and alloy insurance.  My car is eligible but I'm not sure if its a good deal or not.

The prices seem ok but has anyone had experience with any particular companies, good or bad? 

It would be handy to know which ones don't like to pay out and which ones are smooth an painless in the event of an incident.

Cheers

How many times in the past have you had cause to repair a wheel? Unless you can't park for toffee, it's probably not a lot and you're just throwing your money away really.

Tyre insurance can be worth it, but dent and alloy? Nah, I wouldn't bother. Spend the money on fuel.

• Like 1

I haven't kerbed a wheel in over 30 months so far... and the times before that I only did it cause I was in a blind panic to move out the way of another vehicle.

If I can't find a parking that is safe/away from others then I refuse to park between cars. Big doors on the Z don't help, so getting in and out is a bitch unless I can open the door properly. Just park further away n walk xD