Conti contact 3 tyres ?

xxx180

Hi

Has anyone had any experience with these tyres on a 350? 

Got a chance of purchasing a great set of part worns at a good price front and rear.

Also out of curiosity would run flats be better on a 350 or not ? 

Cheers guys

Currently running Continental ContiWinterContact TS810 Sport tyres for the winter on stock wheels as we do get snow and ice up here in the North and the car is my daily driver.

I also run Continental Sport Contact 5 tyres on Ray's wheels for the summer.

Handling, steering and grip is generally good wet or dry and they shift a lot of water on the motorways.

I can't compare them with Michelins as I haven't tried them, but Continentals are a premium rated tyre and stopped the traction control light flashing on the dash which happened with the Yokohamas originally fitted to the car.

As your tyres are part worn I'd check the age of the tyres before purchase from the codes on the side walls of the tyres.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys. The conti’s went before I got there unfortunately.Any advice on Goodyear effiecient grip tyres ? I have standard 18inch rays with 245 45 on rear and 225 45 front. Struggling to get matching sets from my local tyre dealers back to front. New or part warns. The efficient grips seem to be the most stocked matching tyres.

Need to get all 4 changed. Never realised the importance of matching front to back until 2 weeks ago. Aquaplaned on a motorway and spun 360. Worn conti’s on the back and rapids ( budget I think ) front. 

Car came with this set up by the way.

Would rather a decent set of part worns over cheaper brand new.  Looking on here there’s so many different opinions on tyres for the Z ??? 

Anything has to be better that Rapid which is what’s on the front surely even though they have 7mm tread remaining ?

RE050As are decent tyres, bit old now though. I think you really need to re-think your budget, the Zed isn’t a cheap car to run and you’re kinda scrimping on the only bits keeping you on the road. 

Not saying part worns are a bad idea (I’ve used them in the past), but can you not get something like the SportContact5 or MPSS in part worns instead?